Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Care Diary

Hello,

I have recently started to use the care diary function and am really liking it so far, however I have a couple of queries. 

Would it be possible to have a 'half' option when selecting how much the children have had to eat. I find that 'some' indicates that they have only really tried it and 'most' indicates that they have almost finished it but there is nothing in between.

Also, I have had parents asking if it is possible to add to the diary themselves. When I use paper diaries, some parents like to indicate how much breakfast their child had eaten on it. This would be especially helpful for those who different carers.

Many thanks. Xx

• Like 1

Hi Emma, 

Welcome to the forum! I'm really glad to hear you're liking the care diary so far and thank you for those suggestions. 

I can definitely see your point about the option for a 'half'! 

I think to make the care diary available to relatives (in the sense of allowing them to add their own entries), we would need to hear it from some other users first, but I have put it on our list of requested features so if other people say they want that too we can move it over to our official to do list! 

Best wishes,
Lauren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi 

We have also started to use the Care Diary, and we do like it.  However some suggestions below:

• Addition of a Body Map for Accidents
  • Make the requirement for manager approval for accidents optional for each setting (it is not something we feel we need and is hampering the flow of information)
  • Indicate on the accident forms if a child is able to have plasters (to save practitioners having to check somewhere else)
  • Include administration of prescription and non prescription medication (a big area / complex I know but it would be very useful)

I have already fed these back separately to Tapestry but was asked to add them to this forum!

Thanks 

:-)

Hi BWPS,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Posting your suggestions in this area is a great way for us to be able to track whether these are things other settings would also like to see on Tapestry and helps us prioritse them as well. 

Adding a body map for accidents is already on our list of things to do, as we appreciate this is ‘best practice’ and we absolutely see how useful this would be. As per all of your other suggestions, we have shared them with the rest of the Tapestry team, and we will await for more feedback from other settings.

Best wishes,

Emily

Hi 

Would it be possible to add photos to the care diary? More so under the general log. Sometimes I like to put "xxx enjoyed playing in the sand today" and I thought it would be nice to share a photo of it that is not necessarily an observation. Xx

Hi Emma_Morrison!

I am afraid that it is not possible to add photos to the care diary, but thank you so much for your suggestion! I will make sure that this is discussed with the rest of the Tapestry team :)

Please note that you can still create a non-formative observation with the photo and a quick snap of what the children are doing. It is not mandatory to add an assessment when you create an observation, so you can also use these to share daily events with your relatives. Furthermore, by adding it to an observation, and consequently to the journal, you'd be able to include those photos in the journal export of your children at the end of the academic year, so the photos are not lost!

I hope this was helpful!

Best wishes,

Olaya

Hi Sarah_Church,

Thank you for getting in touch!

I am afraid that we do not have a time frame for when the care diary will be available for the app version of Tapestry. App development is a rather delicate and unpredictable process, so, unfortunately, this will not be ready any time soon; but please do bear with us!

Once the care diary has been adapted to the app, this will include all of the features that you can currently access from the browser version, including the accident/incident form.

Please note that you can still access the care diary via the browser version from a mobile device or tablet though - the site is 'responsive' which means it will adjust to the size of your screen making it easy to navigate!

Do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you :)

Best wishes,

Olaya

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an update on when the care diary will be added to the app?

A lot of my staff are asking about this as they believe it will save them time at lunchtimes. At the moment they are using the web version for the care diary but it is time consuming having to type in their emails and passwords every time. 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I have recently potty trained a child and I found that in order to report accidents, I have had to log it in the information section of the diary and not the toileting section. If I put the accident in the toileting section, it wants me to select a box (nappy, potty or toilet), which is irrelevant! Is there a way to change this? Also, sometimes I sit a child on the potty and they don’t actually do anything (especially during nappy changes), but there is nowhere to log this. Is this something that can be added?

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your feedback!

In terms of recording accidents, this is something that is in our list of things to add already,  but I will feed this back to the rest of the team that this is something you would like to see added.

I can't see we've had it requested for an option where a child hasn't use the toilet but I will also feed this back to see if it's something we could add.

We'll keep you updated about both!

Best wishes,

Emily 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we are using the care diary in tapestry which is working well, we usually send the info to the parents at the end of the day rather than every time a child's nappy is changed etc, but this means that we have to go into each child's info and click to inform parents individually which is often time consuming and having to remember which child has been changed - is there a way of putting all of these together so we just can click on inform parents of these children, ticking each child's name?

Also again on the care diary we can change children due to wetting/soiling themselves and if they get wet/dirty through play. Is this something that can be added too? 

Thank you

Hi @Tcha!

Thanks for your feedback about using the Care Diary on Tapestry. I'm afraid at the moment there is no bulk approval system for entries, you do need to go through each child and approve the entry (if you require approval before the parent can see the day's entry) and notify the parent individually. It's something we are looking at so I have added your thoughts on this subject to our discussion area.

If you require approval each day and are finding it time consuming to approve entries you can instead set it so parents have access by default. To do this go to Tapestry Control Panel> Settings > Care Diary and under the General settings box you should see the option: ' Staff must approve relative access to entries '.

To disable this, untick the box and press 'save'. Parents will be able to view the Care Diary all day and in theory could see what is happening 'live', so it may not be suitable for every setting. Parents won't receive automatic notifications in this situation, you'd still need to manually do this, or just advise them to check the diary at a certain time of day.

Re your comments on recording other reasons for a change of clothes/nappy, I have added this to our discussion area as well for review, though in the meantime you might consider recording this via the 'General Log' option for each child.

I hope that all makes sense!

- Joe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2020 at 20:09, Emma_Morrison said:

I have recently potty trained a child and I found that in order to report accidents, I have had to log it in the information section of the diary and not the toileting section. If I put the accident in the toileting section, it wants me to select a box (nappy, potty or toilet), which is irrelevant! Is there a way to change this? Also, sometimes I sit a child on the potty and they don’t actually do anything (especially during nappy changes), but there is nowhere to log this. Is this something that can be added?

Hi @Emma Morrison

We are hope you are well, just to update the thread with the news that we have added the option to record 'Didn't go' as one of the toilet recording options. I appreciate you may be closed at the moment but hopefully it's something useful for when things get back to normal.

2020-04-16_13-41-36.jpg

• Thanks 1