Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff / supervisor settings

Hi, newbie here...

I am manager of a setting and we have just started using Tapestry..so far so good, we all love it!

My question is: I have 3 rooms, each with a supervisor who I have given full access to. However, they can now see all the children in the setting. Is there a way I can set it so that supervisors can only see the staff in their room and their children. 

Thanks in advance for any help offered :)

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum and to Tapestry!

The best way to create 'virtual classes' within Tapestry is by assigning teachers with their key children. This is a bit different from creating groups.

Whilst groups are great when it comes to analysing data and filtering through, by assigning teachers with their key children you can then restrict their view to only seeing their key children. 

We would suggest that you assign all the children in a class as key children to all the teachers in that class, and then create groups for the more specific 'sub-classes' within the one class. 

For instance, if the Penguin class has three teachers, you would assign all the children as key children to all of the staff that works with the Penguin class and then restrict their view to their key children, so they cannot see the data for the Dolphin's class. After that, you could create sub-groups (Adding groups) called Lucy's key children, Paul's key children, etc. as a way to narrow it down a bit further, so you can then look at the specific progress of those groups within a class.

Here's a couple of tutorials on this - hopefully you will find them easy to follow through!

1. Adding key children to staff
  2. Restricting staff to only see their key children

If you still have any doubts or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on customer.service@eyfs.info