Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Smaller font for assessments on pdfs

When I download pdfs using the default setting, the observation text is fairly compact but the eyfs assessments and characteristics of effective learning are really spread out and use a huge font, making many individual observations go across 2 pages. I don't want to use the compact setting as it makes the photos too small, but I would like the assessments to be  compact and in keeping with the text above. Would this be possible? Thanks.

Hi WoodsidePrimary,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you are managing to find your way around okay so far. :)

Thank you for your feedback regarding the font size for the assessments on an exported journal, I will bring this up with the rest of the team to discuss whether this will be possible and I will let you know the outcome! 

Do let us know if you have any more feedback or any more questions. 

Best wishes,

Emily

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your response. We are really enjoying using Tapestry and the parents are responding so well to it. A couple of other quick things that we've been wondering about....

1. Is it possible to have a button to select whether it is a child initiated or adult led activity?

2. Is it possible to break down the Early Learning goal statements into separate sentences to click so that we can select the relevant part? Otherwise, a child can achieve a small section of it but if we click it, the parents think they have achieved the whole thing.

Thank you,

Kate

That's really great to hear Kate, thanks! 

There isn't currently a button to press to say whether it is child initiated or adult led, but we are really keen to add a 'tagging' system. This will allow you to create those two things as tags and attach them to the appropriate observations. There are still a couple of things we need to do first, but that's very high up our to do list! 
For now, what you could do is write 'child initiated' or 'adult led' in the 'additional information' text box on observations which you can enable from within your control panel. You can then use the search bar on observations to look for obs with either of those written in. You can also set it so that box isn't visible to relatives if you like!

I'm afraid you can't break down the ELG statements, but you can use refinements to indicate whether you think they are emerging, developing, or secure in it and not tick the statement at all.

Best wishes, 
Lauren 

• 5 years later...

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid it's not possible to export your reports to a Word document. It should be possible to save the PDF as a Word document after you have downloaded it, but this can mess with the formatting.

If, when you go to export your report to PDF, you set the format to 'Compact' rather than 'Default', this should make the text smaller.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

Richard

• Like 1