Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Birthday Jacquie!

Steve

Thankyou everyone. I had a good day visitng my parents, going out for a meal and then coming home and opening a bottle of wine (or two).

Yes Steve Mondays are much easier now, but I really miss working and having fun with the children. Young children are such a delight aren't they?

I retired a year early because a new HT was putting more formality into the Foundation Stage and it was so against everything I believe and how young children learn. It was also against FS curiculum practice. All had to be very structured, no free /child initiated play, only outside if it was adult led focused activity etc. I gave up the fight after 18 months as it was making me feel ill and I wasn't going to win.

Anyway I have a lovely Grandchild to play with and another on the way and I can read about how you wonderful people are working with your children in the way I did, and the way we all know it should be.

:D

Belated birthday wishes from me too!! Grandchildren are so refreshing aren't they. I have three now, my granddaughter whi is nearly four has been helping me do dinner today , making cakes etc, her younger brother who is nearly two is asleep. They visit frequently brcause there Mum and Dad(my son are separated) . I have a new grandson who is four weeks old - so tiny and a treasure. Having grandchildren has revived me.

I runa playgroup and just this week we had our OFSTED, the inspector made my day when she said how she like our group because we were very child intiated and had plenty of free play - yes we do have some strucured but the children hardly notice it. It made my day - somtimes I feel I am fighting a losing battle but the Inspector has resored my faith.

Sue