Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Does Anyone Ever Chat In The Chat Room?

Guest tinkerbell

• 5 months later...

It works Chill! Rarely occupied though.

Ive been lonely in there lately too.

What seems to work is if you annouce you will be there at a certain time and then people do tend to drop by. Might be quiet at the moment though.

I would like to chat Marion,Clare and anyone else.Name a time,

Tinkerbellx

Clare has suggested between 2-4 but I didnt see it until later so missed her I will try to be around next week at that time once back at school it will have to be later.

we have at various times had a number of people makingthemesleves available in the evenings but these tend to tail off at busy times of year like Christmas and ed of year. My night was Thursday and Ill be back arounfd on thursday evenings once term starts again..

I can't seem to find the chat room icon where it shows you if anyone is chatting or not! I thought it used to be at the bottom of the forum index page...

ASPK

I have noticed that if someone is in the chat room it shows up but disappears when there is nobody in there. It's still at the bottom of the index page near where who is on the forum.

Linda

Hi all -

Apologies for the delay in replying. I have reduced access to the Forum at the moment - we're being rewired and I can only log in once or twice a day...

The chat room indicator only appears when there is someone showing up in chat these days. If you prefer I can put it back so it says when no-one is in chat - what do you think?

With regard to things not being wholly accurate, for technical reasons the system only checks who is in the chatroom every 5 minutes. So sometimes someone will show up when they've actually left - and vice versa. (The chatroom server is on a different host and it would be quite expensive in terms of internet traffic to check every second or so who was in there...).

Apologies for the reduced communications. I'll post a picture of my main working room at some stage so you can see what we're dealing with...

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)