Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Hundred review

Hi

I was lucky enough to attend the Early Excellence EYFS conference yesterday. As part of this conference they told us about the hundred review. This is following on from the likelihood of a complete review of EYFS based on some of the things written in the report Effective Teaching Practice in Primary Schools. Some of the ideas considered to be effective are very alarming to me! For example, suggesting that the most effective Reception classes are those that bring elements of Year 1 into their practice... Anyway definitely worth reading the report but if you would like to be part of research that is based on what actual practitioners see as effective go to the Early Excellence website and sign up. They need as many people as possible to do this in order for anyone to actually take on board what is said. I, for one will be taking a stand!

Yes here, here to that above.

That report (follow link below)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/574037/Early_years_national_funding_formula_equalities_impact_assessment.pdf

has generated a magnificent kick back (check out KEYU Facebook page along with Early Excellence too). I cannot see the awful page that starts with "Reception is the most important year' then in the last paragraph calls for changes in the summer term for the Reception classroom to be more like Year 1.!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :( :angry: I have a copy of this page at school so can post if interested

At the end of the report a 'recommendation' says:

The Department for Education support a review to address the confusion and lack of consistency regarding curriculum and practice in the reception year. We believe this should be evidence-based and led by teachers and leaders from primary schools, and draw on research and expertise from those with reception experience in particular. We believe this would support reception teachers and help school leaders to ensure that children enter year 1 fully equipped

SO PLEASE EVERYONE SIGN UP TO THE 100 REVIEW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY... SAVE OUR EYFS!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)