Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SOAP Training

Our LA arranged (or paid, not sure which) for us to have one member of staff do the safeguarding training online. To be honest, i thought it was excellent. I don't think it is suitable to meet the requirements of the EYFS as i think you need that local knowledge of what your LSCB requires, but it really made me think about things in a different way. It had videos to watch of made up scenarios in a setting, then it would pause while a panel discussed what was happening, before carrying on with the video, then more discussion. I intend, when funds allow, to get more staff to do the same course.

• Like 1

I've bought the safeguarding team training and it sounds great. The day after I bought it, I had a lovely phone call from Sue Overton, explaining how it all works, suggesting ways to prepare before delivering the training, giving me a phone number to call if we had any problems setting it up (laptops, tv etc) and chatting about what I hoped to get from the training. Sue suggested doing it over two or three sessions. I don't think we'll have time to do it until the new year but I'll let you know how it goes.

• Like 2

Hi , It's Sue here. Thanks for the lovely comments. we are always looking for new and interesting ways to engage and support practitioners and are now focusing on film based learning. I am always happy to talk about any of the training we offer and to support managers and leaders in their delivery of our packages through full team training. We've got you in the diary "stargrower" so will be helping you when you start. It's interesting seeing your comments "Aliceinwonderland"! I'm so pleased you enjoyed the training. We now offer an opportunity for LEA's to include their own local information in the package to ensure we meet all the criteria. We update as soon as new information comes to us from Ofsted of DfE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)