Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Declare! No Paperwork Day

As we have discussed on other topic (updating operational plan), I declare a 'No Paperwork Day' tomorrow!

Put down your pens/paper/keyboards and have a rest - even those who aren't on half term! Just have a good fun day!

Make it a 'ME' day, something I'm sure all of us in Early years are lacking.

It is Valentines' day too, so even more reason to pamper yourself.

Hope you all have a great day - If you are working in a day nursery or similar, you will take heart from knowing that we will all be thinking of you!

I'm not too sure about downing keyboards, but definately will make it a no paperwork day. :D

I'm having withdrawal symptoms already :(

What shall I do, my whole life exists around preschool, forum, preschool, forum, because when I'm avoiding doing preschool work I'm on the forum, when I'm not on the forum I'm doing preschool work which I avoided by going on the forum..........aaaaaaah....is there any hope for me........

Please, any suggestions....What shall I do tomorrow :oxD

( make suggestions achievable, sensible but fun and clean please :( )

Peggy

Aha! Maybe a keyboard would be useful!!

Peggy, I know what you mean, I should have posted my book to you today, then you would have had lots to read tomorrow (but there again it involves paper!).

You could stay on the forum all day tomorrow, or watch day time telly, Poirot in the afternoon with a wine, box of chockys, or housework!

Nothing too strenuous!

Just enjoy what ever you decide to do! :oxD:(

oh dear sadly its a work work work day for me. Hubby gone away to help his sister to move house so its just me with teh fish and a huge bar of chocolate for company. (very therapeutic but the conversation not up to much)

Ill have my no peperwork day later in the week when I have finished the mountain in front of me...

Good luck with it mundia - Just going to start mine - if I can get off this forum!

No, definately going now! Might just have to have a peek about 10ish though - just so I can sleep peacefully!

Ooh I jumped the gun and had a no paperwork day today - well, it sort of was a a no paper day today - I did in fact start doing a spring clean in my house which is desparately needed and had to move a lot of papers, some into the bin, some into a pile just so that I could hoover where the hoovers not been before in a very long time. But then got to about 11.00 tonight - thought must do some studying, then got bored with that and came on here - just like Peggy said, it provides a good distraction. I really must get a life, a boyfriend, a new pet, a bar of chocolate, an exercise bike, failing that I will go out and buy some flowers and chocolate and create my own little role corner.

Nikki

Well done Alison, acknowledging you've got a problem with paperwork is the first step to recovery! Don't expect it to happen overnight though! (She says surrounded by the stuff). I do have some chocolates though to help me through it!

Deb

I am totally hopeless at this no paperwork day I think I will have to ease myself into the concept and have a less paperwork day and build up to it

its really avoidance tactics I dont want to do the house work either!!!

tomorrows challenge...... get a life!!!

Don't worry Alison - just take one day at a time - I keep peering at my table, thinking shall I just do one planning sheet and then battling with myself not to!

It's still going to be there in the morning, so I'll tackle it then - but if I do do some now, I won't be so bogged down, I am wasting hours! - should I do it - no! Oh! hells bells another early night I think.

Is there a life out there for us????????

"My names kimbo and I'm a paperholic"

I failed the no paperwork miserably!! but I was at work so I am planning mine for tomorrow as I am at home :D

What I am dying to know is...............

PEGGY ... what did you do today????? :D  :D

48006[/snapback]

I cheated a little and downlaoded some photos from my preschool camera- But I haven't printed them off yet, so, NO PAPERWORK :D

Grandson (age 4) came to visit and I played "indoor carpet bowls" with him :D

Hubby spent the afternoon preparing a wonderful meal-Pork scallops in creamy brandy sauce, mange tout, miniature corn, potoato cubes roasted in marmite YUM xD Strawberrys soaked in Pimms with extra thick double cream.

So I spent the same time soaking in the bath ( usually only have a quick morning shower) Wine, music and "NOW"- by Joan Rivers bath gel. :(

Early night :( :wacko:

If it wasn't Valentines Day though, I don't know what I would have done. :o

As you can see, up bright and early today, off to do my Basic Food Hygiene course till 4pm.

So, Geraldine, What are you doing today????

Peggy.

p.s. I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A NO PAPERWORK DAY AND HAVE A ME DAY ONCE A WEEK. GO ON, YOU KNOW YOUR WORTH IT :(

Well done Peggy :D

I have been up since the crack of dawn and am sorting out my wardrobe (s!!) because of course I never have anything to wear.

So far I have found two tops still with labels on :o and one is particularly nice but I have no recollection of when, where or why I bought it!!!

The bedroom looks like a jumble sale so must get it finished - just a little matter of going out for lunch to contend with and the clothes can wait till this afternoon :D:D

but so far ....... NO PAPERWORK though withdrawal symptons are apparent xD

hi all,

2 DAYS PAPERWORK FREE!!!!!!

went swimming with my sister and all our kids yesterday and today, and like geraldine im having major bedroom clearout too. luckily our playgroup is having a jumble in march, and i think i may have enough stuff to do the whole thing myself.

only problem is i have sold about 50 things on ebay, so with the money ive made ive had to buy more!

but it does feel good not to think about work and doing paperwork. although does mean if i dont do any soon, i'll be spending all weekend trying to catch up.

but then i say not thinking about work, so why am i on this site looking at information about (guess what) - WORK

Well, I've taken the paperwork day too far!!!

I didn't do any yesterday either and now i'm playing 'catch up' but it did feel good.

Peggy, you had a wonderful day (possibly night too!) so it's well worth doing again don't you think?

We should all have a day now and then, where we all down tools and have the 'ME' time.

Think of a day someone and we'll all have a go!!

I've had an avoidance day today too ( yesterday spent on training).

We are preparing rooms for possible foster children so I spent today sorting out all the remnants left in rooms from our own children who have left home. Quite a long time spent reminiscing, looking at old photo's, a lot of happy memories and a few tears ( we all have something sorrowful from the past). I found my sons end of school book, messages from all his year peers, very interesting, funny, caring comments-he was a popular lad- in fact voted MR SMOOTH 1999 :( ( he's 23 yrs old now).

I also sorted 5 recycle sacks full of old paperwork, old tutoring lesson plans and handouts, job applications, CV's, etc. What a lot of paper, felt good to let it all go though and made me realise how much I've done over the last decade :o

Must get back to it tomorrow though- Quality Assurance work, planning, fees accounts, newsletter, operational plan........and all by Monday, still I'm sure I'm nt the only one. xD

Peggy

Have done pretty well over the past few days, not too much paperwork, just the occasional peak on the forum! Had planned to go out for the day, sun shining really fancied the a walk by the sea, but alas daughter still getting over flu. Made me want to clean the house though, sort of disinfect it! Absolutely shattered now though. Managed to put off operational plan, hubby away for several days so guess that's what I'll be doing at the weekend.

Deb

Today is going to be my no paperwork day. I need to move my desk and shelves out of the room they're in at them moment to make way for exercise equipment. We are all on a get fit mission in our house and can't get to half the stuff as it's in a corner behind my desk. However, I have a space for my desk etc but it is occupied by masses of arts and crafts equipment left over from my days when this occupied most of my time (with the children I might add). This is going to have to be sacrificed, but I never get time to use any of it anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)