Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding Information board for Parents..

Hello!

We have recently completed a Safeguarding Audit for our LA. One point that arose was a safeguarding board for parents....can anyone share any examples of how yours have been laid out if you've implemented one please?

My brain has gone blank as to what I can include without it being boring or over informative and therefore ignored ::1a

Thanks

We don't have a separate board. On our parents' notice board we have our Safeguarding Statement (basically, we will keep what you tell us private, but have to inform authorities if we are concerned about a child) a copy of the "What to do if you're worried a child is being abused" booklet and the contact numbers for referral from our LSCB. Our safeguarding policy is in a folder for parents.

How about doing a fundraiser for the NSPCC that would give you the opportunity to allow parents to begin to understand the problems, you could get information from NSPCC and share it with your website for parents or facebook site, they have loads of information and you can get across the message that it is EVERYONE who needs to be concerned and mindful that abuse happens to any child.

• Like 1

We have a Safeguarding wall. I've added some leaflets from the NSPCC and also more local and setting information. I think it shows parents that we are on the ball and we are proactive in regards to Safeguarding the children in our care.

I have attached a photo....if I've done it right. :-)

Sorry, not sure why it's sooooooo big!!!

post-11134-0-31094400-1478097655_thumb.jpg

Edited by NickyR
  • Like 6

We have similar to NickyR. We have flow charts and What to do if you are worried etc. We haven't got the leaflets as its a small board. We do have our Ofsted registration and insurance certificate on there as it covers keeping children safe in our setting. We have got a LA agreement which we have to display and a statement downloaded from LSCB site about everyone's responsibility to keep children safe.

Edited by lsp