Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Developmental Charts

Hi,

I'm working on getting my NVQ3 tied up and have to write out my developmental charts for:

C5 Sequence of emotional development for children

C11 Sequence of language and communication development for children

C3 Sequence of physical development for children

C10 Sequence of intellectual development for children.

We have to fill out sequence of development, factors affecting, promoting with and without equipment, role of the adult

The age ranges run newborn - 3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12months - 2 years, 2-3 years, 3-4 years, 4-5 years, 5-7years 11 months.

Are there any good reference sites that anyone knows of that I could access??

Thanks for all your help :)

Dawn x

Hi, a really good book for child development is "Child Development An Illustrated Guide" by Carolyn Meggitt and Gerald Sunderland (ISBN: 0-435-42056-9). You might be able to borrow it from the library of pick it up on ebay.

It covers children from birth to 8 and for each age details physical development, cognitive and language development, emotional and social development, moral and spiritual development, play, suggested activities and how to promote development.

I'm not sure if this will work, but I've tried to detail the amazon link below...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0...8071234-9826212

HTH

Sharon

Hello to everyone that replied

Thank you so so much for this. :) Yes I've been using my books I had from college but wanted a little bit extra.

I've only got C10 left to redo as my assessor has it in my portfolio and it's done in pencil and need to pen it but ran out of time if you know what I mean.

Thank you for all the reference books and links :)

I'm starting my degree course in Supporting Childrens learning E124 with the Open University so I'll be sure to keep an eye on those books links and also these forums.

Thank you for all your help

Dawn x

Hi,

I'm working on getting my NVQ3 tied up and have to write out my developmental charts for:

C5 Sequence of emotional development  for children

C11 Sequence of language and communication development for children

C3 Sequence of physical development for children

C10 Sequence of intellectual development for children.

We have to fill out sequence of development, factors affecting, promoting with and without equipment, role of the adult

The age ranges run newborn - 3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12months - 2 years, 2-3 years, 3-4 years, 4-5 years, 5-7years 11 months.

Are there any good reference sites that anyone knows of that I could access??

Thanks for all your  help :)

Dawn x

47687[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)