Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry So Excited!

Gezabel

Hi

Sorry to take up space but want to shout from the rooftops I am so excited :D

Some of you may remember my youngest son left the UK at the beginning of November for a trip to Australia :o His planned return date was July this year but ooohhhhhhh guess what he now arrives at Heathrow at 5:45am on May 12th :D:D

OK I know it's only just February but all of a sudden his homecoming seems much nearer.

Here he is with the kangaroos!!!

post-1999-1139099744_thumb.jpg

That's great news. I know how you feel as I saw my brother last night for the first time in over 3 years (lives abroad) - not quite the same as a parent-child relationship, but it has made me feel all contented! :)

Oh thank you for your responses :D I felt a little silly starting the thread but just had to tell someone!!

He has had (and still is!) the time of his life. He has been in Sydney and managed to get a part time job at the local golf club as groundsman - my son that rarely so much as gets the lawnmower out at home :o The highlight has been that he climbed the Sydney Harbour bridge, cost a fortune but apparently worth it and an awesome experience. The new year celebrations were amazing. He phoned me when he was in 2006 and of course it was still 2005 here! I have often seen the Sydney fireworks on TV but to hear them down the phone was weird! I returned the favour and phoned him just as big ben was chiming in 2006 here which he loved, mind you he was nursing his newyears eve hangover by then! :D

Thanks to good old msn communication has been frequent :D He has met up with a couple from Middlesborough and the three of them have hired a snazzy camper van and they leave Sydney next week to travel around for the next 10 weeks. He nips back to Sydney for a week to say fond farewells and then he is homeward bound :D:D

Guest tinkerbell

I really feel happy for you Geraldine, What an exciting time for your son you must be relieved that he has met up with some nice people. Tell him to check out the Blue mountains about 2 hours out of Sydney.I lived there for a time , wonderful views.

Tinkerbell

Oh how I love a bit of excitment to brighten up a dull Sunday afternoon :D

Your not silly or wasting space, how could you think that :o

I understand your excitement, Son's all grown up and definately experiencing the big wide world, but oh how us mums ( and dads, I'm sure) miss them. xD

Roll on May, but hope time doesn't go too fast for your son.

peggy

What a lovely message

I'm so gald for you both

I'd quite like to keep both mine locked in the spare bedroom -- but I don't and won't but when you're waving them off into the unknown it's really hard!!!

That's lovely Geraldine - how often do we wish their lives away - mine are all 'orrible teenagers at the moment and as Peggy reminded me - make the most of it because they are soon gone - so I will take on board your excitement and obviously have noted your sadness on the one hand when he left and try and appreciate mine a bit more. Kids they are such a worry - no sooner have you given birth to them then you constantly worry about whether you are doing a good job, whether they are keeping out of trouble, etc etc. May is not so far away - this half term - all 5 weeks of it has gone in a flash - only felt as though I was just getting into it after Christmas and now a week off - so I am sure the time will fly by.

Nikki

• 2 weeks later...

Just browsing and came across your post, what a handsome lad!

My eldest left home for uni (he's in his 2nd year) and I have found it so unsettling. We are a close family (17 yr old son too - and hubby!) and I didn't know just how much it would hurt. I spent weeks passing his bedroom and eyes filling up all the time! I even slept in his room a couple of times, surrounded by Kelly Brook and other scantily dressed woman on the walls, but it helped.

He does come home alot of weekends, but you must have found it so difficult, not seeing him since November.

I'm sure you'll let us all know when he arrives - Think how quick the Easter break will be upon us, so it's not that long!

I hope the time passes quickly for you but slowly for him! :D

I went travelling with my now husband for about 7 months (was supposed to be 12 months but we ran out of money!). We had an amazing time and still talk about it a lot even though it was 7 years ago! I remember my mum at the time pleading us to be careful etc. We didn't have a care in the world and thought our parents were silly at worrying so much.

Now a parent myself, I dread the day Thomas tells me he is going to pack his bags and explore the world! As Nicola says from the time they are born you want to protect them and keep them close, but still allow them to explore on their own - it will never change!!!!

Enjoy the peace whilst it lasts, you'll be worn out when he comes back and shows you all his photos etc! Roll on May!

• 1 month later...

Just think, when we get back from Easter Break (if you're lucky to be off), there will be only 22 days left!!!

We look forward to hearing all about it then.

My son comes home in June to live (after uni), so I can fully understand how you feel. I can't wait either - even looking forward to wahsing his undies :o (well may be not!) xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I am driving you mad with this thread but..........

it really is the countdown now....

10 Sleeps to go :D:D:D:D:D:D

I am so beside myself with excitement it's ridiculous. Spoke to him yesterday and he had been out on a glass bottom boat and then gone Scuba diving off the great barrier reef. He had to come back up to get an underwater camera to capture the most amazing scenes :D

It was the way he ended the call, ' Not long now Mum, see you next week!!' :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say.....

NO more sleeps :D

He's home safe and well :D:D (Oh! and VERY tanned!!)

I was jumping up and down at Heathrow early this morning. We watched the information screen announce 'landed' and then waited until it changed to 'baggage in hall', waited some more as streams of people started appearing and then suddenly there he was!! The other side of the barriers and quite a way to walk before he reached us but his girlfriend and I couldn't wait any longer. Round the barriers we went and ran! We got some rather strange looks from others patiently waiting but I couldn't have cared at all :D

wonderful Geraldine

Ive been dipping in and out of this topic and its lovely to read how excited you are that your son was on his way home and now he is back youll have to tell us some of the wonderful things he has been up to

its great to be able to have the opportunity to travel but its lovely to return home to those we love

Hope you have a loverly time together catching up on some quality time

I have been followiung this series of posts also, how lovely for you, can't imagine having to let them go but at least they do come back.

Have a lovely weekend Geraldine, he'll have lots to tell you

XX

i'm so pleased that your son is back safe and well :D:D

I am in a similar sitution as you, my friends hace been traveling since January, i went to see themin new zealand in February, but they are back now and we are having a welcome back party for them this afternoon, can't wait to see them :D:D:D

AAARRRGGGHHHH (sorry, thats me being excited for us both!!)

AAh, returning kids, what would we do without them, is his laundry bag very full.? I BET YOU DON'T CARE IF IT IS. :D:oxD

HAVE A GREAT "CATCH UP" WEEKEND.

Peggy