Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted and Temporary venue

Pimms o'clock?

Not sure which section to put this question in but here goes anyway!

Due to flooding from an upstairs flat we have had to relocate to a local community hall, Ofsted have okay's this for 14 days. (I don't want to look daft and go back to them to clarify as you have to wait for so long on the phone for an answer)

Has anyone else experience of this? Does this mean 14 working days i.e. 2 4/5th working weeks or does it mean 2 weeks?

Thanks in anticipation

What a nightmare for you! I hope you get it sorted out and can be back in your 'home' soon.

I would guess they mean two weeks, as why would they give you three weeks minus a day? But that is only a guess!

Edited by Stargrower

Hi Pimms O clock - yes it does mean 14 working days - similarly we had to relocate in January last year due to issues with our heating so I feel your pain!!

I have to say that don't be worried about ringing Ofsted for advice as they were fantastic with us!

We closed to children for the day on the Monday - moved a selection of resources, risk assessed, fire safety etc, etc, before opening on the Tuesday. We then had the 14 days that you mentioned to sort out the heating issue.

The thing I found the most difficult to understand is that after that the only way we could extend the 14 day period in the same place was to re-register which didn't help as the process takes weeks and we wouldn't have been able to open anyway; or we could keep moving to another location for the 14 day temporary period!! When I questioned this due to things like continuity for children, parents etc I was told that the law was the law and that we couldn't remain in the temporary hall! Our other option was to remain in the temporary building but only offer childcare for 2 hours per day (differing rules apply).

In the end the issue was resolved within the time frame but to say that it was stressful is probably the understatement of the year!!!

I hope you get your flooding situation resolved quickly and if I could say anything, it is if you are unsure, call Ofsted they actually gave us sound advice!!

Good luck

• Like 1