Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No 'rising 5's' ?

I have just been looking at the website of a group not too far away from us ( research!)......and i saw under 'school readiness' that from September, the setting is no longer going to have a seperate 'rising fives'........or whatever you call it in your setting..........as new guidance from Ofsted and their lead teacher suggests they should be simply doing activities such as dressing, name writing etc during the course of their normal routine.

HOORAY!!!!!! I LOVE this....given that children go into school so early, I think it's wonderful that common sense is starting to prevail. We don't have a seperate session either, but I'm interested in the quote that Ofsted say this, as I have missed it

• Like 1

Where was the guidance that said they should be separated in the first place? We've never offered anything separate to our rising fives, just a differentiated provision?

I agree though, Narnia, it sounds like a positive move!

I very much doubt that there is any guidance - Ofsted are at pains not to be seen to be making any statement about preferred practice.How you manage your setting is down to how you ensure children achieve the skills they need for the next stage in their education.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)