Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Notice Period

Hiya, I just wondered what notice period you have in your contracts for staff?

Ours currently say 6 weeks, but it doesn't take into account holiday periods and as proven recently it was impossible to find a replacement and have all checks etc done in time for the leaving date of member of staff.

Ours is 4 weeks too - can you change this for any NEW staff that you employ?

I think 4 weeks is too short and was thinking of advising the committee that 6 weeks would give 1/2 term (roughly) to get somebody & hopefully have some sort of a handover.

that's why we changed to 6 weeks working notice...and to be honest most staff agree that if you are going in to another education job then half a term is about right. My notice period is considerably longer! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

that's why we changed to 6 weeks working notice...and to be honest most staff agree that if you are going in to another education job then half a term is about right. My notice period is considerably longer! :rolleyes:

As you know I'm in mine at the moment :1b mine is also 4 weeks but I just couldn't do it to the setting even til the end of the academic term will be short!

I personally think 1/2 term for all staff and a full term for the Manager.

Is your contract different 'formally in writing' FM?

• Like 1

Ours is 4 weeks too - can you change this for any NEW staff that you employ?

I think 4 weeks is too short and was thinking of advising the committee that 6 weeks would give 1/2 term (roughly) to get somebody & hopefully have some sort of a handover.

We changed ours from 4 to 6 weeks for our existing, we just issued new contracts and asked everyone to review and sign if happy, no-one complained about the extended notice period, however, when our Supervisor left it wasn't really long enough. We managed to get someone else in just after she left but there was no opportunity for a hand over so she has been throw in at the deep end :-(.

As you know I'm in mine at the moment :1b mine is also 4 weeks but I just couldn't do it to the setting even til the end of the academic term will be short!

I personally think 1/2 term for all staff and a full term for the Manager.

Is your contract different 'formally in writing' FM?

yes ...I think it's two terms at the moment!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)