Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Baseline Comparability Study

Froglet

See here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reception-baseline-comparability-study

and here

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/reception-baseline-comparability-study-published

I wonder what will happen... I wonder how many schools will still do it if it's not going to be used. I wonder if this means a standard 'test' to be done at the start of reception? Also, whether there are implications for the EYFSP reporting ending this year?

We certainly won't, especially if we have to pay for it! We'll go back to our usual tracking system, and track children from entry as we always have.

I did read that the plan is for a national system to be introduced for all Early Years providers, possibly for 2017, but there'll be consultation!

Meanwhile EYFSP this year - and we'll be keeping hold of the assessment guidance in case it's retained after all.

What a joy it all is, not.

We certainly won't, especially if we have to pay for it! We'll go back to our usual tracking system, and track children from entry as we always have.

I did read that the plan is for a national system to be introduced for all Early Years providers, possibly for 2017, but there'll be consultation!

Meanwhile EYFSP this year - and we'll be keeping hold of the assessment guidance in case it's retained after all.

What a joy it all is, not.

I'm not in a position to make a choice about continuing with it this year but if I was I wouldn't! I'm not sure whether my old school actually managed to claim back the cost of last years - it was an obscure process and I left not being entirely sure how to do it. I wouldn't be getting rid of EYFSP guidance anyway - I'd still assess it even if it wasn't reported. Oh the joys...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)