Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracing Yellow Writing

I have just realised that my toddler room staff have done an activity with their two-year olds involving writing their names by tracing over yellow writing. I don't think this is an appropriate activity at all, let alone for two year olds so I need to talk to them about age appropriate activities. I'm just a bit stuck on how to explain that tracing over their names is not what we need to be concentrating on. To me, tracing over yellow writing is a really old fashioned idea. Any thoughts on how to approach this? :rolleyes:

I would explain the need for the children to have developed all the necessary muscles first and for them to be providing activities that build these up. Then the need for the children to be exploring free mark making on a large and small scale in a variety of different mediums and encouraging creativity.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)