Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff outside in the cold.

Today outside for an hour...kids loved it...i had no coat on just thermal vest polo shirt and sweatshirt...not really cold...but other staff I am absolutely frozen solid...me...why not get your coat on....' cant be bothered to go to my car.'....me..what would happen if in forest school.....ah but thye have proper clothing......i have bought them waterproof,fleece lined coats....but they wont wear them...still wear their short cotton jackets.....I am at a loss for words....

Staff member: "I am absolutely frozen solid"

You: "OK children, xxx is feeling cold. What could we do to help her warm up?"

I'm sure that a bunch of preschoolers will come up with some very sensible ideas that include putting her coat on and running around.

I would make it very clear that she is still required to engage fully with the children in the outdoors for as long as necessary and that being cold isn't an acceptable reason to stand around looking miserable or go back inside. She has a job to do and you've provided her with appropriate clothing. Now she needs to do what she's paid to do and support the play and development of the children in her care.

• Like 6