Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor ideas

Hi all, please bear with me as I'm new on here. Would anyone have any ideas for a 10 minute outdoor activity. I have an interview for a nursery teacher and the brief is a 10 minute outdoor activity with lesson plan included. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. TIA Safiyya.

Is it for a group of children and if so, how many? Or just an activity for anyone who wants to join you? Is there an area of learning you feel more confident about teaching? After all anything can be done outside. Bubbles would be exciting and could involve turn-taking/Science/could count them/describe etc

our children favourite at the moment is What's the time MR WOlf?.....links to maths counting by object (well step!) listening /turn taking/links to literacy (3 little pigs) , rules /gross motor skills and pse. They really need to be the 3-5 category though...do youi know what age group????

• 2 years later...

Obstacle courses are brilliant and using old guttering and cars and recording distances.

We have loose parts play outside containing tyres, tubing, pipes, crates for children to build. 

Painting with mud using hands and sticks is popular or using paintbrushes on fences. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)