Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assemblies

Do people take their Reception classes into whole school assemblies? Is their a statutory requirement for this to be done? Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some guidance on this? Many thanks in anticipation x

We have assembly every day :blink: and on Fridays it is a long assembly as it is (usually) class assembly and then achievers awards are given out afterwards :huh: . We are a CofE school. Occasionally we do not have an assembly on Wednesdays but are then expected to do an in-class assembly. :unsure:

Schools by law must provide a daily act of collective worship. This applies to reception aged children upwards and is part of the additional legislations which sit on top of the statutory EYFS framework and therefore only applies to school based provision. Lucky schools eh.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/281929/Collective_worship_in_schools.pdf

It does not mean having to go to an assembly.

Cx

We have reflection time at the end of the day which includes worship in the form of giving thanks for a lovely day and appreciation of all the things we have learned.

This term we will have a Year Group assembly once a week (Monday morning). This is brief - 10 mins or so - and based on either the new Value at the beginning of the month, or.a SEAL story, or a story from the Bible.

This has satisfied the last three Ofsteds, so hoping it will continue to do so!

I used to take my YR children down to whole school collective worship once a week when the vicar came (also a church school) the other days I did a class collective worship which I could really tailor to them. As the school year came to an end we went more often so they became more used to it. Worked really well and both SIAMS and Ofsted have been fine with it!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)