Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help chairs and tables

apple

hello all

we are about to purchase some new tables for our studio area and at the moment are looking at Community playthings extending table. however, the wooden chairs are a little out of our price range. I have seen some wooden ones on the other websites but the colour does not quite match the lighter beech colour of the community playthings table. I was also thinking that maybe wooden stools could work.

Has anyone got CP table and other wooden chair or stool that kind of matches in colour? I would be grateful of any advise. Thanks

If you buy CP stuff from YPO, you get 2% off, not much, but it helps. Personally, I'd buy some, to your budget and then just buy one more at a time as you cn afford them. There are many companies that LOOk like CP, and at a fraction of the price, BUT nowhere near the quality and without the 10 year guarantee that CP offer. But always keep an eye on ebay too

If you buy CP stuff from YPO, you get 2% off, not much, but it helps. Personally, I'd buy some, to your budget and then just buy one more at a time as you cn afford them. There are many companies that LOOk like CP, and at a fraction of the price, BUT nowhere near the quality and without the 10 year guarantee that CP offer. But always keep an eye on ebay too

I want you as my setting owner....

Ohpps sorry hijacked thread- and I haven't a clue about chairs as we have a total mish-mash of narsty chairs. :(:( :(

Thanks for all your replies. I think we will go for CP chairs for our main room... thanks for the heads up re 2%discount Narnia.

As for the studio area I am still undecided about stools. Yes I did wonder if they where totally safe but then I have visited a few settings (Outstanding too) that use stools . The children had no problems in using them. The stools I saw were pretty sturdy. IKEA have some solid pine ones for £7/8 pounds and I could get them cut down a little to suit. I may just go ahead and buy one and see how it goes?

Thanks once again for your advice

Oops - I can visualise one of those old comedy sketches where they try to cut down chairs and tables to get them level and they end up being a couple of inches (sorry 5 cm) off the floor. Lol :lol: :lol: - Just getting into the festive spirit! :mellow: ;)

• Like 1