Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Haven't Got All The Profiles

I am an NQT, new to reception. I teach YR/Y1 and currently have 16 reception. The only problem is that I have only been given about 8 profiles from the nurseries. Do I have to start a profile for them from scratch?

Hi

If I can't get hold of profile evidence from the child's previous nursery then I have to start a new one for the child. The evidence is then collected in the summer term.

I am an NQT, new to reception. I teach YR/Y1 and currently have 16 reception.  The only problem is that I have only been given about 8 profiles from the nurseries. Do I have to start a profile for them from scratch?

45726[/snapback]

Most of our local schools are not interested in what we provide them with unless a child is way off the norm.

They prefer to start from scratch and form their own conclusions

whitetree

Edited by Guest

this is the same in many areas, we do not have to send our records to the school but are given to the parents. Each setting can make their own books and methods of recording all are different, it is usually what works best for them and schools use a differnt method of recording so usually start their own profiles.

Inge

Well, if you haven't been provided with the info from feeder settings you'll have to collect what evidence towards the fsp that you can, but given that the children starting Yr R this term have had the first term of their final 3 in FS in a different setting I would have thought that those settings should send on records, it's an important part of transition isn't it?? If the receiving setting won't use it that's their issue, but passing on records is important. I advise all the schools I support to make contacts with their feeders and to get all the records they can, whatever format they are in - curiously they often report that nothing gets passed on, even though they DO want it!! children need continuity in their learning which if it is not forthcoming can create boredom and lack of progress for the child, thus stopping them from reaching their true potential, unneccessary repetition of learning foci and unnecessary assessments having to be done by the receiving adults who equally have a responsibility to support transition by building on from where the child is.

Feel quite stongly about this!!!

C :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)