Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff management issue

Hi all,

Looking for some advise, I have a member of staff that's been at my packaway preschool for 20 years, and she's completely not interested in her job, she spent this morning cleaning out the fridge. She plays games with the team e.g this term its me the leader she doesn't talk too, unless totally necessary. I inherited this behaviour and she had been a lot better and more proactive until she found out I was pregnant and going on mat leave. I've only got until DEC then I'm off for 9 months and she is meant to be one of my deputies!

Any ideas?

Any help greatly recieved

Hi if you've asked her how she feels about her job and have evidence that this has been included as an area for improvement from supervision meetings then I would be going down the disciplinary route now, how does your other deputy feel about this ...you don;t say if you are the owner of committee run..if committee run I'd be wanting them to step up to deal with it to.

It's sounds as if she doesn't want to be there anymore than you want her there, what are your ratio's doing whilst she's fridge cleaning ?

Good points and questionsfrom Housekeeper.

If her supervision records don't reflect her practice then you will need to ensure you are covering everything properly from now. It is a stressful enough job as it is without having to deal with unnecessary atmospheres.

I'd be careful that you can demonstrate what support/ training opportunities you have offered this person too, as you must ensure that she has had the support she needs in case there are any other issues she may need help with and may be struggling to cope with(health,personal etc)

, as you must ensure that she has had the support she needs in case there are any other issues she may need help with and may be struggling to cope with(health,personal etc)

just an aside on this point...you don't need to be their social worker though! unless she is having mental health issues/stress or is sick!

She may just have lost her oomph and need a kick up the bottom! (metaphorically of course!)

• Like 3