Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Apprentice

I don't know if there is a 'rule' as such but our apprentices haven't been key workers - mainly because they need the thorough knowledge of the eyfs etc - however they do act as buddies so they are practising the observation skills etc.

Saying that the apprentices we have had have never had experience working with children so I guess it depends on each person's skills and knowledge?

Our apprentice was a key person , shared to begin with and then in her own right , she is now qualified but I have to say she impressed me with her parent consultations and observation , as long as she is supported then yes , she was employed by us through her apprenticeship and continues to be and what better way to learn then doing it .

Like Lashes and Scarletangel, our apprentice shared key children at the beginning, then took responsibility for them totally once we felt she had gained enough knowledge / experience. We felt she wouldn't learn otherwise.

...... though I have now remembered one who was a total disaster area, and I would never have let her act as key person to anything!