Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

H&S and Designated Person

Hoping someone will know the answer!

The manager of our pre-school has left, and she was our designated person and H&S officer. My question is, do we need to get our new manager trained up prior to September start, or is it enough to have her booked on training in November, which is the soonest our LA offer training for these, otherwise we need to book online courses.

Has new manager had any H&S training at all in her previous job?

Did your old manager have a robust Policy and Risk assessments in place and you still have them?

If so, I think you could wait, get new manager to read through it all, if not - then I would get them trained beforehand

Has OFSTED been informed of change of Manager? Got holiday brain on - is designated person the one who is main contact for OFSTED or is it the Safeguarding Lead or Designated Practitioner? We all have different names for roles over the country. :huh: :wacko:

Has new manager had any H&S training at all in her previous job?

Did your old manager have a robust Policy and Risk assessments in place and you still have them?

If so, I think you could wait, get new manager to read through it all, if not - then I would get them trained beforehand

No, she hadn't, but there are good risk assessment procedures in place, and the policy was updated recently.

Has OFSTED been informed of change of Manager? Got holiday brain on - is designated person the one who is main contact for OFSTED or is it the Safeguarding Lead or Designated Practitioner? We all have different names for roles over the country. :huh: :wacko:

Not yet, I tried phoning yesterday but gave up. Nominated person is the Ofsted contact, the manager will need training in child protection and are listed in our policy as "designated person(s) who coordinate child protection issues" - so designated practitioner then. I know what you mean about holiday brain!!

• Like 1