Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling Very Sad

JacquieL

Hello. Today I had my retirement assembly, one year early for various very sad reasons. A lovely assembly and attended by friends, former colleagues and staff. What a wrench when i have worked in a school for 23 years and been a leading practitioner for the LEA and a Foundation Stage Moderator. I will really miss the children and my good friends at school. I am hoping to do some training and supply to keep the wolf from the door.

Just feeling very sad today. Sorry!

Hello, Jacquie,

Of course you are feeling sad, it's an era of your life. I can only send my heartfelt good wishes and tons of love. I will be where you are now quite soon, and can really feel what a wrench it must be. Take comfort in all you have done - all those children you have helped to send on their life's journey and take pleasure in your 'you' time, now.

Don't be a stranger, please, we want to know what you are doing.

Have a happy christmas and please do take care.

Sue xx

Dear Jacquie,

How sad - you must be feeling really low - 23 years is such a long time - I am sure that you are remembering all the good times you had - and I am sure there were lots of them - things children say and do - as well as some of the not so good times when things didn't go quite as planned. Think about all the things you would like to do that you couldn't do before - even if they are only little things like pampering yourself and having a cup of tea in bed - take it easy for a while and reflect on everything you have done - all those achievements - spend more time even by coming on here and offering us advice - we all need that from time to time and you seem an ideal person to be able to help and offer guidance.

Nikki

It is sad to leave something after so long especially when there there must have been so many happy moments. Hopefully, on the first day of next term, you'll reaslise what a wonderful position you are in when you can roll over and have an extra half hour in bed. Enjoy your retirement :D

Change can be a shock - even if you've quite looked forward to it. I'm sure very soon you'll be able to look back on your past career with great happiness and remember all the lovely times. This is now an exciting phase in your life - so many people say they don't know how they ever found time to work as there are so many new and exciting things to see and do once you've retired. As Nikki says, keep in touch and carry on offering us advice - we'll still be needing it.

All the best for the future. Put your feet up and enjoy the rest for a while - and try and have a great Christmas.

Harricroft.

Saying goodbye is often difficult, my thoughts are with you. It is not, however the end of the book, just a chapter. You are now in the position to be the author of the next chapter. I bet it will make great reading and become a best seller. :D

There are some very fortunate students out there now ( who don't even know it yet), I certainly miss teaching adults, it is a great opportunity to open peoples minds and share knowledge.

All my good wishes for 2006, I hope you enjoy doing training and supply, but most of all when the sadness decreases, enjoy your freedom and feel the warmth of looking back on all the good times.

Peggy

I just wanted to congratulate you on being so successful & loved by all at your school - as indicated by the lovely send-off they gave you. What an achievement.

As people have already said, you need to look at the postive side of this. My inlaws were both primary school teachers & retired 18 months ago; my father in law had been in his school for 22 (at least) years. I know everyone is different, but they have settled to retired life very well & are now enjoying all the things they didn't have time to enjoy as full time teachers.

Just think of all the children you've inspired along the way - now grown adults who still have fond memories of you.

Wishing you all the best for you exciting new life!

Good luck, jacquie in whatever you should decide to do next. I'm sure things will feel very strange at first but enjoy this special time and establish a new routine! I aslo hope that for whatever reasons you decided to retire early that things will work out well. Take care and dont be a stranger!

Good luck in whatever you decide to do now you are a free woman again! I know from the letters we got at my old school from a member of staff that retired she was far too busy doing things to even think about work much!

Please don't forget about us here, as I'm sure you've got lots to share with us, especially people like me who are young in their career!

All the best :)

Jacquie,

23 years - what an acheivement! Think of all those adults and teenagers walking around who have benefitted from your work. That must make you feel really proud. :)

Really hope that once you get used to the idea that lots of new and exciting possibilities will present themselves.

Lots of hugs xx