Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Growing Topic Article

Have just read fantastic article on growing and looked at accompanying activity plans which are great :D Well done. Only trouble is I can't open the two for K&U - growing different plants and seasonal change. When I hover over the icons I don't get a hand ... is there a problem or is it me?!

Would love to see these too.

Harricroft

link below to help only problem is that i cannot get any links to work, mindmap just takes me back to top of page every area of learning and the only one i can get to PSe says page cannot be found- help have i found the right place? or is there another one!!

growing attempt two which seems to work better. not all links work for me either, KUW no 'hand' and in the others can get it in word but pdf does not work.

Inge

Edited by Steve

Have just read fantastic article on growing and looked at accompanying activity plans which are great  :D Well done.  Only trouble is I can't open the two for K&U - growing different plants and seasonal change.  When I hover over the icons I don't get a hand ... is there a problem or is it me?!

Would love to see these too.

Harricroft

44820[/snapback]

Same problem as you Harricroft, I'm sure Steve will sort it out soon.

SUE, THANK YOU, for all your hard work. I love the layout and easy format of the mind map and focus plans. They are all relevant, consise and easy to refer to without having to read through reams of directions. The inclusion of BTT is useful. The ideas, to me, really show that adult initiated activities can lend themselves to enable children to continue the play / learning in their own ways. I look forward to useing these ideas in the new year.

Peggy

p.s. I know some of you may already of seen this song but it goes so well with the seed physical activity.

I'm a little seed, small and round ( curl up in a ball)

Bury me deep in the ground (Low voice- arms over head)

Sprinkle on some water ( aa child acts out watering the seeds)

Some sunshine too ( another child dances round the seeds waving arms like sun rays)

Watch me grow as tall as you ( children rise slowly, stretching up as high as can be)

Thank you, Inge, the link works fine :D . I still don't know where to find the article in the forum BY MYSELF, though :o . Can you give me step by step instructions? With humble thanks :)

Fox xx

Hi,

I think that we can't find it because maybe Steve hasn't fully uploaded it yet, which may also explain why the KUW activities won't open. And, no, I can't find it independently, either! :o I've no idea how Harricroft found it in the first place!

Sue :D

PS Thanks Peggy xD

Yes, I meant to refer to your rhyme, but forgot!

Harrumph...

I'd be interested to know how you found your way to the article - it's still a draft and I'm trying to get the mindmap right and some of the attachments in place... xD

Good feedback, though - the reason it didn't go up last week was that I was trying to get the structure and format right, so it's good to know we're on the right track.

But really - how did you find it? It's not linked to in the indexes, so I'm a bit alarmed. What else do you know about that I thought was just experimental... :o

:o OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! Am I in trouble :(

I couldn't really tell you how I found the article. I thought I'd gone to the home page and it was in a box (Articles?) down the left hand side of the page. I usually just log on and go to view new posts, but this weekend, for some reason, my computer seemed to have a hiccup and I had to navigate a different way.

Must be the mischievious Christmas spirits.

Anyway Steve, sorry for revealing the article before it was ready .... but it's great work. Look forward to seeing the finished thing xD

Harricroft

Hi both -

No problem. I'm obviously not as much in control of my search engine as I thought! :D

Just to let you know I've updated it now and it's more or less ready to be seen. You can find it here. Harricroft, the two KUW links are now set up.

It's not the prettiest format you can imagine, but at least the topic web now works, and all the Word support documents are in place. I will be improving on the format in the new year, but for now it will have to do. Christmas isn't hanging around and I have a newsletter to put together...

I've only put a couple of the activity forms into PDF format - what are your thoughts on how useful this alternative format is?

I'd be interested to hear what you all think of the overall concept. The idea is that you can enhance the article with your own contributions in this forum. Another on 'Weather will be following on close behind, and we have many more in the pipeline! :)

I've only put a couple of the activity forms into PDF format - what are your thoughts on how useful this alternative format is?

44891[/snapback]

Hi Steve, the article and support sheets are great. Personally I prefer the Word format because then I can alter bits to suit my circumstances.

Thank you and Sue for all your hard work :D

Well, thanks all for your feedback. Looks like I'll be putting some more of these topics up in the future! :D

Thanks Anne for the feedback on the format. I've included the PDF files largely because there are some people with no access to Word, although as you mention, this format is not editable.

Sue is also responsible (for good or bad! :o ) for the next article on 'Weather' - I'll try to have that posted very soon! :)

Well, thanks all for your feedback. Looks like I'll be putting some more of these topics up in the future!  :D

Thanks Anne for the feedback on the format. I've included the PDF files largely because there are some people with no access to Word, although as you mention, this format is not editable.

Sue is also responsible (for good or bad!  :o  ) for the next article on 'Weather' - I'll try to have that posted very soon!  :)

44903[/snapback]

Thanks Steve (and Sue) next term's topic is weather so would be nice Christmas (birthday) pressie xD

• 4 weeks later...

I've just found the topic too. Thanks Sue, I dont actually need planning at the moment but I can always file it for a later date. :o:D

Steve, if you're interested, i found the article after reading Helens Risk Assesment piece, it was at the bottom of the page on the right. :D

• 2 months later...

ok....

hope this is the right place but have had a problem again with the growing topic....... :o

or is it the weather one....... xD

it seems the Knowledge and understanding of the world (KUW) Ideas and Suggestions: are the same for both..... :(

or am I just dreaming :( ...... or are they the same?? :wacko:

some of it seems to fit both topics well. :D

I think it must be overload.....off to hibernate for the evening!!! :(

Inge

You're right Inge. I hadn't had a proper look at them as yet until you mentioned it. They are exactly the same. Perhaps Sue or Steve will be able to let us know?

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)