Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy

Hi all!

I have done "The Gruffalo" with home-made props. I used the scanner, printer, laminator ..... and wooden stirrers that I helped myself to (at MacDonalds).

The result is attached.

It went down very well with children - acting out the story was superb. Plus I had tracked down additional resources, such as a colour-in mask - see second attached image).

While I have time on my hands, can anyone suggest any other books that would be well-done as stick puppets?

Diane

Ok Dianne, time on your hands is one thingbut 5 posts the same is this to ensure blanket coverage so no one misses it?

(looks like the problem has been fixed now)

sorry but feel i must give a warning as to copyright.. :o ...should not copy or scan from books, Ok to cut one up and use it but not to copy without permission.

Inge

Edited by Inge

room on the broom by the same author also offers free downloadable pictures you can use. We have made Gingerbread Man stick puppets using clip art but lots of favourite stories could be used in this way. As Inge says check for copyright before scanning pics from books but check out author and publisher web sites as many offer free resources.

Thanks - I am aware of copyright restrictions, but for personal use (apparently) there is not a problem.

Diane

PS Someone please tell me how to add my photos!!

post-292-1134599409.jpg

post-292-1134599491.jpg

post-292-1134599529.jpg

Hi Diane -

I can see the thumbnails of your pictures above - you need to click on them to show them at full size - but they seem to be cropped. Is that how they appear when you originally post them, or is there a bottom half to them?

Regards, Steve.

Not quite sure what happened to your earlier posts, but I pruned a few identical posts - you must have had hiccups last night? :)

This site gives puppets for Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Polar Bear, Polar Bear stories

DTLK teach and Learn

I printed and laminated these, added a stick and the children really enjoyed the stories and re-enacted them themselves.

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)