Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birthday Celebrations

Does anyone have any great ideas for a BIG birthday celebration for nursery? We have been open for 10 years and I am looking for inspiration.

The children have come up with:

A birthday cake/candles/balloons/bouncy castle/flags/presents ...

I thought about face painting - any more ideas gratefully received!

We have had numerous celebrations since the preschool opened in 1968.

So we have held street parties, with cake, bunting, party food, dancing, entertainer, but obviously not in the street, but that type of style. A huge funday at the park, with bouncy castles, bbq and local children's groups of all ages to entertain us.

A mascot bear dressed up, Postman Pat, soft play day. Each child received a cup one year with a bear.

I suppose it depends on the amount of help you can muster, the children's interests, and of course the budget.

Whatever you decide have fun.:):)

We celebrated 10 years last September with a big party. We had a bouncy castle, face painting, a company who brought lots of animals for the children to handle (rabbits, guinea pigs, snakes, tortoises etc etc) a hog roast, a balloon race and a big birthday cake. We also made a huge banner which we have only just taken down. This was made from a kit bought from Baker Ross consisting of white cotton squares which tie together with ribbons to make a big patchwork design. The older children did a self portrait on their squares and the younger ones did handprints. I think we had to buy five kits to get enough squares though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)