Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Artisit Daniel Phill

Hi

I'm about to start a new job at a new school. The first week I start the whole school is having an Arts Week. I am the Nursery Teacher and the focus artist for the Nursery is Daniel Phill. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about introducing this artist to the children. I have a video of him at work and I have left an email on his 'contact me' website. Each child has to produce a picture of a daffodil in the style of their featured artist. I'm looking forward to this topic as its right up my street, but just thought I'd ask you lovely people if you have any great ideas.

I will bring in daffodils for the children to look at and discuss. We will do our own drawings of them first, then I thought I would introduce the artist and let the children decide how they could do a daffodil in his style of work.

Thanks!

I think you would need to explore how he uses colours and look at the size of different brush strokes for example. Try to identify all the different colours he makes by maybe cutting up images and trying to sort by colour and then by tone - real visual discrimination.

Try doing blow paintings or marble paintings to see how colours mix randomly as a technique.

Cx

Hi. Thank you. Yes had planned to get palette knives and thick squeeze paint. I like the idea of cutting up images and sorting them by colour.

It's devinately going to be messy so think we will invest in a few large thick canvases where we can layer the paint and not get soggy.

Thanks again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)