Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Natural world

green hippo

Do you include all things to do with nature within 'Comments and asks questions about aspects of their familiar world such as the place where they live or the natural world' E.g. commenting on buds turning into leaves in Spring? or do you think it refers more directly to natural environments?

Green Hippo x

Mundia, do you think that refer to anything 'natural' then. When you google 'natural world' it tends to suggest more the overall environment e.g. desert, forest, arctic. But natural world to me means living things or things that naturally occur - and these things would create the environment?

I agree with you green hippo - we look at seasonal changes and then things like growing beans, radishes, cress and butterflies as well as mini-beast hunts as part of this. We also contrast our tarmac outdoor area with the meadow by the river over the road.

We put lots of different 'environments' in our small world and tuffspot areas and talk about the weather (how very British!)and the plants and animals in these different places

I think they key thing here is their familiar world and so comments and questions about what they see around them fits her. Actually they all link in this section I think.

So commenting on the buds and what they look like or why they are there would be fine.

I always remember my grandson asking why snails had no legs...that is asking questions about their familiar environment as we had so many.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)