Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff in house training

I am going to start doing some basic in house training with my staff. I need to get back to basics with my two unqualified staff and want to do some training on the EYFS. Such as the areas of development, COEL, writing relevant observations etc. They have both been on courses offered by our county but I still feel that I am banging my head against a brick wall!! Has anybody got any training resources that they use that you could signpost me to. Or any ideas of activities I could do at one of these sessions. This is a new experience for me to be in the training seat!! Any ideas would be most welcome. :1b

We watched a video on YouTube of 2 children playing (there are loads on there if you search for child observation or something similar) as a staff team recently which was really good. We all did an observation as if they were our children then linked to EYFS and discussed about what we saw, thought, where we thought they were developmentally roughly from what we had seen etc. It proved really interesting to hear everyone's opinions and we all had something different to add, might be a starting point?? You could have your notes beforehand and go through anything they may have missed perhaps?

we have just been offered some twilight training at £10 per person for 90 mins on one of the following -

coel, language rich environment, promoting positive behaviour , speech sound development, playful maths, more than handwriting, conflict resolutions, attachment and building relationships in the early years, don;t forget about me - promoting inclusive practice and provision in ey settings -how lucky are we - these will run by early years support teachers - not sure whether this is because settings arent sending staff due to high costs of courses in training book.

We have our second of two half days with our LA advisor on Thursday on exactly these things. We have looked at CoEL, Leuvian scale of interaction, watched practice videos of shared sustained thinking (how to observe, chat to children, know when to ask questions and when to stop asking etc)

We have carried out peer observations on each other, with the focus on how we did with interaction and are feeding back with LA support.

We are also auditing each of our areas to see how we could 'level' each area. (See ABC Does.... website - tons of stuff on there!)

Will let you know what we do on Thursday and see if I can attach any docs on here!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)