Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Two year olds playing with 3+ toys

We are a setting that just takes three year olds need advice before we take two year olds as well .We only have one room and nearly all the toys state 3+.We will risk ass and so forth but where do we stand if something did happen as toys state for three year olds use only.Other setting say they are careful but there is always that chance,where does a setting stand legally also surly ones insurances needs to know you have two year olds with three year olds toys,also parents will say that's fine until something happens.Any advice and please from the legal side I know how to risk ass and do other things to keep children safe but also am a realist.

This topic actually drives me mad.....We have a fantastic h+s officer who does all the training etc then cascades down to the rest of the staff and she is brilliant at it BUT this does create an issue sometimes when wanting to use certain toys with under 3's that state 3+ when you know perfectly well that no or very little harm could come to children playing with them. For instance we have fuzzy felts and the box states 3+ but how on earth could a child hurt or endanger themselves with those?? Apart obviously from choking on them but in my mind that could just as easily happen with a 3+ year old too.

So we state that if children are playing with toys not for their age range it has to be adult supported throughout and only in a small group - but we would still be open for legal action etc if anything did happen to a child of 2 who was playing with something for children aged 3+..........

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)