Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception SEF

Nugget

Welcome Nugget.

In school it will be the head's responsibility to do the SEF. They will have a whole school one which will now include the EYFS discretely. It's not the same as the one for registered settings. This will cover the whole phase and not just reception. All guidance is on the Ofsted website.

Cx

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have looked on the website and can't find a SEF for schools with a section for reception? Is there still one? My head has asked us to do a SEF for reception but isn't sure which SEF we should use the only one I can find is for early years registered provision and I'm worried this is the wrong one as we are a reception class in school

I don't know that there is one (don't hold me to that though) I just know that my head has written a section about EY in his whole school SEF which I've contributed to and he's run the finished statement by me but hasn't asked me to do anything separate.

There is no format prescribed by ofsted for schools. You would just have your EYFS section ss part of the whole school document.

Your ht would surely have created the school sef document format?

Cx

Edited by catma

There is no format prescribed by ofsted for schools. You would just have your EYFS section ss part of the whole school document.

Your ht would surely have created the school sef document format?

Cx

Glad to know it's not just me and my head doing it this way!

I have spoken to my head and asked if he has put an EYFS section on our whole school SEF and he said no npbecause we are given a discrete judgment so need a separate SEF. He has asked me to complete the 'Evaluation schedule for inspections of registered early years provision. I have done this the best I can but a lot of it doesn't seem to apply to us. There is a lot of talk of key workers ensuring children are emotionally week prepared for the next stages I their learning and support transisntions between settings and eventually onto school?????

I'm very confused :(

Your HT is a bit misguided.

If you read the evaluation schedule for schools you will see exactly what is in the EYFS section. The judgements for the EYFS will reflect the judgements for the whole school and you are part of that Self evaluation process. E.g. If L+M in the EYFS are not good then L+M for the school will not be any better. It's completely pointless using a framework which is for registered provision when you are a school under a section 5 inspection framework.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/school-inspection-handbook

Cx

• Like 1

I have been asked to write a section on EYFS for our school SEF. I have used Ofsted handbook and made billet points relating to each of the point inspectors need to consider, not sure if that's right but best way I could think of to cover what they are looking for. Looking at the first point plead can anyone qualify for me what is typical or better progress. Our children make a GLD but in a little unsure of what to use to determine progress, especially as the learning outcomes are only for guidance.

Hope this makes sense, it's late at night, again!!

Thanks for any help, it will be much appreciated.

Do they come in where they should be ie emerging 40 - 60+ in reception and then get to the ELG. Typical progress.

If they come in lower and get to the ELg better than typical.

If they come in higher and only get to ELG = not good progress.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi

I have looked on the website and can't find a SEF for schools with a section for reception? Is there still one? My head has asked us to do a SEF for reception but isn't sure which SEF we should use the only one I can find is for early years registered provision and I'm worried this is the wrong one as we are a reception class in school

Hi

I've just looked on the leadership section on here and there is a proforma added. I'll try to attach, I'm new to this site.

oops sorry i cant but it's def on here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)