Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

baseline assessment on entering reception

Hi,

I'm unexpectedly returning to Reception after a gap of several years. Could anyone please tell me the statutory requirements for assessing pupils once they have entered Reception ?

Many thanks

Ooh, hi Tiger08, and welcome to the Forum. I expect somebody from Reception will be along soon; it may be that the question has been posed and answered before, so I will do a forum search while we are waiting.

Guest tinkerbell

Hi and welcome.

I don't think there are any statutory requirements for assessing children on entry to Reception at the moment.There are assessment requirements at the end of Reception which must be submitted to your LEA.Your LEA will probably have moderation meetings which will be good for you returning to Reception.You may have local school cluster meetings too.If you are the only Reception teacher in school it will be good to network with others.

This forum has been invaluable to me over the years and there are some really clued up people who will help you.

There is a recent discussion on Reception assessment to get that baseline information which we all need to show where the children started and where you have taken them.Look on the green tab and forum then Reception Year1 discussions.

Enjoy your reception class

Tinkerbell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)