Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health Declaration - Should it be given before or after job offer

Guest Nuby

It must be completed after job offer otherwise at risk of discrimination. I think you would be on dicey ground if you wanted to withdraw. I got a surprise response after appointing but I think I will just have to risk assess accordingly.

Check out the following:

www.councilforworkandhealth.org.uk/helpful-advice

Good luck!

• Like 1

Do it after, somewhere on our application form it does say about health declaration and DBS being part of the final decision. We do an in house form but it says If there's any doubt they agree for a doctors health check to be carried out. Thankfully we haven't had to have an extra one done but I would suppose it would be if they had some kind of back issue that would prevent any lifting etc (eg in baby room) or maybe some psychological problems x

Guest youngrisers

we do ours after appointing but all job offers are subject to health declarations and DB&S. This is reiterated at the interview and on completion of satisfactory references. Suitability for the roll is dependent on which these too. look at safer recruiting policies and government working practice and ACAS website too.