Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Memory stick not recognised

Froglet

I have a secure memory stick which has suddenly stopped working. It was absolutely fine a week ago but now when I put it into a computer (I've tried several different ones) it gives me a message about installing drive software then an icon for 'Removable drive D' appears but if I try to open or explore it I get asked to insert something into drive D.

It has all my confidential info on - IEPs, data, end of year reports etc and I can't get to them. Paper copies of the summary data are at school as are electronic versions of IEPs and reports but the detail of who I gave which point to (old profile) won't be there.

So, not the end of the world if I can't open it but does anyone have any idea whether it will be possible? If so, any suggestions of how I might go about it?

I had this happen once. I took the stick out of one laptop- walked into another room to use other devise with printer and everything on the stick had disappeared :-(

Luckily I have a 'geek' friend and he was easily able to transfer all info onto a disk for me. If you're techno minded I think you can download programme to this yourself.

I'm pretty sure pc world and the likes do offer this service- but if it were me I wouldn't use them, especially if you've got sensitive info.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)