Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor labels

Hi all!

My current dilemma: to label or not to label outdoor equipment storage boxes?

I am sick of them looking tatty very quickly as we try to leave some equipment out as continuous provision and have no where to store it so although under a canopy the weather does still get to it. I would still put labels on the explorer draws and resource boxes that are put away but thinking otherwise for other equipment? Or is it just an occupational hazard? I go back to my rant a few months ago about the outdoors being 'real' and I wouldn't want soggy signs up in my garden? But also want children to help with tidying up!

Any thoughts?

Green Hippo x

Edited by green hippo

do the children read the labels?

if they dont then why have 'em!!!

I only label the small boxes because they are all the same size and shape so they have a picture and name on each, but these are the ones that are put in the greenhouses so last a season usually. Things like balls etc are a bit obvious so i dont really see the point.

• Like 1

Thanks!

All our labels have photos and words to support early reading. However, I'm sure that half the children don't actually look at the pictures even though they have been shown how to tidy!

Putting them on lids wouldn't work either as we have boxes with loose lids which we put out the way when the boxes are open as they are always getting broken!

Think I'm going to just label the small boxes and trays and leave the others x

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)