Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

committee wont complete DBS checks .

How does it stand if the committee repeatedly delay in completing the DBS check. I have been requesting completion for months now. They refuse to accept that I am the evidence checker and have disregarded my requests and insisted that I did not need to verify their ID. Eventually the penny dropped and after talking to Ofsted they realised they have completed part 2 of the three part process and ID is need to be verified.

Who should this be reported too as I am at the end of my tether with it? committee minutes repeatedly state the information is required and has not been produced.

Is this an Ofsted issue or charity commission or both?

I've just had Ofsted send me a letter telling me my registration was being suspended and a possible 5k fine, a CM was already crb checked a couple of years ago and a random letter turned up saying they couldn't make a decision due to change of address, I hadn't realised she'd tried to do another when new CM's were asked to do them, so with only half a term left we decided it wasn't worth the hassle and to not be on the committee, but as she didn't continue or tell them they thought she was an unchecked committee member still, so if they are named with Ofsted you may end up with the same letter as me :/

Edited by Mouseketeer

I spent Thursday morning with some of our committee going through the EY2s online. When we do the DBS;'ll join them again. Its the only way to make sure everything is sorted.

With your lot I'd arrange for a meeting with this the only thing on the agenda. Print off any relevant stuff you can find. Are you the nominated person?

It could be an issue for both but be careful of either finding out, they wont take to it well, especially the CC.

Good luck :1b

Arrange to use the local library or go to somebodies house. One of our committee members had us all round to hers, I filled in the bits they were sure of and had a chat with a very helpful Ofsted lady.

Arrange to use the local library or go to somebodies house. One of our committee members had us all round to hers, I filled in the bits they were sure of and had a chat with a very helpful Ofsted lady.

Good thinking, batman!

Have committee meeting in a weeks time at my house so will do it then

Can't remember when you are creating an account for Ofsted Gateway is it instant?

And is there any other info that's needed before you start doing it?

I'm pleased to hear that I'm not alone in this important matter. Yes I am the nominated person. I leave the setting at the end of this term and have tried to remove my name as the nominated person but this can not be done until a new person is named, however no one is currently prepared to do this as the committee is falling apart with resignations by the week.

As the nominated person how do I stand??

Ofsted know these peoples are on the committee. I have been asking since last September!!!

Good thinking, batman!

Have committee meeting in a weeks time at my house so will do it then

Can't remember when you are creating an account for Ofsted Gateway is it instant?

And is there any other info that's needed before you start doing it?

Completely instant. We were part way through doing one when I phoned Ofsted for advice re:DBS check. She knew who we were doing the EY2 for.
  • Like 1

I'm pleased to hear that I'm not alone in this important matter. Yes I am the nominated person. I leave the setting at the end of this term and have tried to remove my name as the nominated person but this can not be done until a new person is named, however no one is currently prepared to do this as the committee is falling apart with resignations by the week.

Ofsted know these peoples are on the committee. I have been asking since last September!!!

If the committee are being so unhelpful tell them as you're leaving you've given Ofsted all of their names and they can decide amongst themselves who the nominated.person should be. You really don't have to pass the baton, you leave, they choose a new person.

• Like 1

MissSunnyDay - are you committee or are you staff?

If you are committee, I would do what Rea has advised although make sure you keep the pre-school manager aware of what you're doing

Bit more difficult if like me you are staff

I cannot see how.. you are not the owner and it is committee run, so it should not be up to you to find a replacement for the role.. it is a committee decision..you are an employee and it should be a committee role .. they are the registered body so responsible to ensuring it is done. That said as managers/leaders we want all to be correct so often take over the role.

when I left a committee run setting I did the role until I left , after that it was up to them.. I gave the chair a folder of all the paperwork involved and a list of what to do.. along with a warning about the consequences of not completing them .. and let them sort it out..

• Like 1

I'm so glad i have found these discussions as i'd been led to believe that i needed to get my own DBS checks on my committee members so have paid our £19 to have them checked out through our normal system. I have spent ages looking for the EY2 form and it's only through this that I've managed to find it. Does anyone know whether I can use the DBS checks that I have already done or do I have to do them through capita for Ofsted.

NImatel