Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

what would you take?

my nursery is closing in 3 weeks time and I am in the thick of boxing up, clearing out and selling on ............. but I am finding it really hard to let some things go. So in my memory box to take back to my house and store (and never open again probably) are a hand puppet which I made several eons ago and which I used regularly at storytime long before the invention of persona dolls, 6 metres of irridescent butterfly material which I never found a use for but still makes me smile at how beautiful it is, my favourite storybook (The House That Sneezed), a tub of sequins (I love sparkle), a photo album of the work which was done to convert a warehouse into a school when I moved here 14 years ago, a laminated copy of a basic playdough recipe, a flower press which I dug out from probably 10 years ago and in which are some lovely pressed pansies which were grown in the garden here, some painted pebbles with children names on who are probably grown up with children of their own now, a photo of the 6 children who were my first 'customers' 22 years ago and my first Ofsted report from 1997 I was just wondering what things you would keep if your setting was closing and musing on how its the funniest things that spark the most memories

Edited by max321

Ah Max321, sorry to hear your closing, you sound like you have some lovely things to reminisce over in years to come.

For me it would be some ceramic gifts, given to us when children have left us. All made by the children and still come out and displayed with our settings name on each day.

A visitors book, wow so many people that have been through our door.

Some amazing photos of preschool in bygone years, my how it's changed, with no health and safety in place back in 1968.

But my they look like they had so much fun and finally a park bench in our garden placed in memory of one of our cherished staff no longer with us.

Ooh you have made me all nostalgic.:)

A head and heart full of wonderful memories........................of all the little lives changed and influenced, of the hands held when terrible things have happened at home, knowing that I always tried to do the right thing, however hard the 'right' thing might have been. My honesty and integrity. A Community Playthings village vehicle and person. The card children and parents made for me when I was diagnosed with Cancer. An album of photos. A jigsaw that came with me from my first setting. Knowing that sometimes.............a few times.............I really made a difference.

• Like 1