Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding Forms

Wonderstuff16

Also charities will always get more help up against PVI settings..same in Suffolk....grants are always available to them,and help if Ofsted result is inadequate...and new Inspection after 6 months,(all new).

i dont think the ofsted re inspection to do with being a charity!!! im not really sure what you think a charity gets on top of a pvi setting as we are both!

• Like 2

" Hi, ours went up from £3.50 to our new £3.90 for this summer term.Some settings in London,kent,affluent counites are on £5+."

This made me laugh out loud!! We're in London (well just outside but are classed as a London borough) and we get nothing like £5+ neither do any of our neighbouring boroughs. We're on £3.60 per hour (have been for last 3 years) our two closest boroughs are £4 and the other which is closer to London is £3.80. Can I ask where you got the figure of £5+ from? Perhaps you were thinking of two year funding, which is very different. We do however get an extra £750 (for a L4 manager) and extra £4k & £5k if you have a L5 or 6 manager (per annum)

"Also charities will always get more help up against PVI settings..same in Suffolk....grants are always available to them,and help if Ofsted result is inadequate...and new Inspection after 6 months,(all new)."

We are also a registered charity (as is every other committee .ie voluntary group) but get nothing different or extra from anyone for being so. What do you think we get or is available to us? The only thing anyone gets here now is support form our vastly depleted EY's team if you get an Inadequate from Ofsted. I think that is just a once a ???? visit. Certainly no extra money given.

Edited by lynned55

Charity here- just gone up to £3.40. - after staying the same for 3 yrs. we get no extra anything for being a charity. Nor do we get any extra if our staff are L4 / L5 .

Tho we do get a surprise deprivation payment annually - I call it surprise, as we never know how much we will get ( if any!) - usually only a few hundred pounds tho .

Guest youngrisers

seems there are several variations on the theme regarding funding county by county and district to district why there is not a flat rate for all areas is beyond me but would like to think that in future the government would give adequate monies to councils and LEA's to pay a reasonable amount per child regardless of which area you are in.

Will check here in Kent if our system will be changing in September as we are on training for the free for 2 scheme on Wednesday so will ask the powers that be what they know about this. Do not think it is qualification of practitioners that lead and are a higher grade that gives the formula funding to each setting. We have employed an administrator now for so many hours a week to complete the forms and check them saves us loads of time and chasing because if they are not returned by a certain date NO MONIES...... works a treat every time

Hi all.....with regards to grants for charity settings....just remembering 13 years ago when we were converting the building from garage to Nursery,was helped by business link...and they checked all grants available to new businesses,conversion grants,common market grants,countryside agency grants, for us as it was costing us a fortune over 3 years to get it ready.....ALL grants were only available to those with a charitable status...so we gave up,I got 3 part time jobs,remortgaged our home,7 credit cards up to the hilt (now all paid off)...just to get our Nursery open....3 years it took us....but eventually opened in 2004 very successful since then,but i shall never forget that we had to do it all by ourselves...literally,but so proud of our achievements...

Fredbear....to provide the funding in Suffolk we have to be accepted on the Council's 'List of Providers'..

L.O.P.....they make all the rules re funding....how,why,how much etc,..To keep on this list...we HAVE to send one person from our setting (thats me !) to their meeting 3 times a year.They keep us updated about just everything to do with childcare in Suffolk. I thought all counties were the same...that is how I knew they had laid off staff in their Early Years dept to fund our hourly rate increase.They also

'police' the settings to make sure we are all in compliance ( we have a letter waiting for them to arrive and check us) They are also going to audit some settings to make sure children claimed for are actually attending..( she said some settings claiming for non existent children...dont know how ??

So we seem to be actually better off for their frugality...but it has it drawbacks as I have just explained. Hope that helps explain the workings of Suffolk County Council Early Years,

and there's me thinking that Central Government was treating all councils the same...silly me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)