Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications Audit

I had this from the DfE notifying me of the closure:

Closure of early years qualifications audit tool

The audit tool will close on 30 June 2014.

Following the publication of new level 3 early years educator criteria, new qualifications will be introduced from September 2014. As part of this reform the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) has reviewed the early years qualifications audit tool and its use. We have found that there are a number of technical issues and that only a small number of settings are using it. It has, therefore, been decided that the tool will be closed from 30 June 2014.

We are aware that some providers and local authorities use their own systems and we would encourage this approach to develop systems that work best for local needs.

Users will be able to extract their information from the tool until it closes. More information on how to do this, along with further detail about the audit tool closure, will be available on the existing website from the end of April.

The tool can be accessed via the department's website.

For queries, please contact NCTL.

Is Dorset's linked to this one or was it one of their own?

Thanks SueJ ....it was this one, it said your county may have their own, i just thought dorset settings may know ...I liked the 'lack of interest' bit about only a small number of users using it, hadn't realised there was a choice, but I couldn't find half the qualifications my staff have on there anyway ( they used to be on cwdc tool). Will try the link :)