Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Festivals Dvd

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

just wanted to share with you a brilliant DVD i have just bought that covers Divali,Chinese New Year,Eid-ul-Fitr and Hanukkah web site www.childseyemedia.com suitable for nursery/reception

I ordered it over the phone yesterday and it arrived today.I know it may seem expensive but workplace may buy it? i sometimes get to the stage where i need something I just buy it.Specially as im planning 3 of these festival next half term!!

hope this helps Tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

thanks for putting the link in Inge .What do you think Magenta?

I have watched the Diwali bit and it is really great, short videos of a 2 yr old and his family preparing for Diwali in their home and their visit to the Temple, it shows Diva lamps,food,rangoli patterns.I'm going to use it on my interactive whiteboard.You can but DVD or Video you gat a little booklet with it with simple story,recipes and ideas for activities with your children.

Edited by tinkerbell

Think I'll order one too - got a bit of a shock when I saw the final price - VAT bumps it up to nearly £30 for the DVD. But I suppose it will be used each year ....... so.

I used the Festivals video with my nursery group last year with great success, I have just received information from Child's Eye Media about their Festivals pack 2 which covers Easter, Vaisakhi, Wesak and Christmas, but as I am only really familiar with the 2 Christian celebrations, don't know if this is such a good buy. Has anyone introduced the celebrations for Vaisakhi and Wesak in their foundation group (especially in nursery)?

Raine

Hi

We have just ordered festivals 2 video (not dvd or poster stories though). We already have Festivals 1.

We will celebrate Wesak this year (one of the nursery staff has volunteered to find out more information about it and gather together ideas and resources). Will let you know how it goes next May. I am sure the video will give us ideas on how to plan activities for the sikh celebration Vaisakhi too.

We have a population of Christian and some Catholic children, most of whom don't go to church and feel it is really important to introduce ideas of different faiths and cultures, festivals and associated foods.

We do our best to introduce these in a child friendly way.

I wish we had community members, parents who could come in to help but the video shows young children just like them, celebrating festivals.

Would recommend the video to all.

Am interested to know what extras are on DVD.

Think I'll order one too - got a bit of a shock when I saw the final price - VAT bumps it up to nearly £30 for the DVD.  But I suppose it will be used each year ....... so.

41469[/snapback]

Don't forget to add £3.90 for p&p! (That takes it over £30)

ASPK - Yes !! I'd better claim it back from school. Having said that I ordered it over the phone Wednesday lunchtime and it arrived this morning - so that was very good. Haven't watched it yet - spent a lovely day shopping with daughter - and now husband's home I can't prise remotes from hand. :o

Tomorrow's viewing I think

Harricroft

I ordered mine over the phone about 4pm yesterday and it arrived on the door mat first thing this morning. I was dead impressed! I've only watched the Eid footage so far (we've got our whole school Eid assembly next week) and it's lovely and simple for FS. Thank you to the kind person who recommended it :D

I ordered mine yesterday and it arrived this morning too - quick service!

I have watched Diwali so far and it is so lovely. I love the ideas it gives for the classroom, especially the songs. Thanks Tinkerbell.

Just watched the DVD with my sons - 3 and 5.

Afterwards the eldest went upstairs to fetch a blanket, placed it flat on the floor 'This is our prayer mat'

He then knelt down with hands together 'Dear God can you please save the world?'

A bit much to ask don't you think!?

Just watched the DVD with my sons - 3 and 5.

Afterwards the eldest went upstairs to fetch a blanket, placed it flat on the floor 'This is our prayer mat'

He then knelt down with hands together 'Dear God can you please save the world?'

A bit much to ask don't you think!?

41668[/snapback]

Well, let's hope it works. :o

I have just found time to watch the Festivals video and I think it's lovely. It's just right from the FS - not too long and it's simple. I like the songs and class activites. Thanks for recommending it. I think it's one of the better things I have bought recently - well worth it.

Sue J

Watched Shyam at home with the children today - they sat really well. We're now going to have a week of lovely Divali activities - the accompanying booklet has some lovely activity ideas. Thanks for the recommendation - definately worth the money. :D

Harricroft

• 5 weeks later...
Guest tinkerbell

Thanks Inge

I have been after educational dvds for my R/yr1 class, I have 1 Auntie Mabel video FOOD which we love the others on the Pink Cow web site look great and my head will probably let us get a couple with the e-credits

Tinkerbell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)