Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Adult led activity plans

Hi all

Do you all have a written plan of your adult led activities such as crafts etc.?

We used to do this but we found they took a long time to write up and we hardly ever followed them and prefer to just decide on the day what we will do, depending on interests etc.

All the activities we do link to the eyfs in some way.

We also take photos of most activities and talk about how they went at the end of the session, we just don't have written evidence of it.

How do you all do it?

we are five staff and each have an adult led activity on one of the seven areas of learning a week ,so each day an adult let activity takes place and has been written up,links to eyfs etc but the rest we just do and write down on a big chart at the end and each week look and see how it has gone etc and evaluate x

Hi all

Do you all have a written plan of your adult led activities such as crafts etc.?

We used to do this but we found they took a long time to write up and we hardly ever followed them and prefer to just decide on the day what we will do, depending on interests etc.

All the activities we do link to the eyfs in some way.

We also take photos of most activities and talk about how they went at the end of the session, we just don't have written evidence of it.

How do you all do it?

I am so glad that I am not the only one who works in this way! But I have worried about it for a long time!

We have a planning meeting every Thursday lunchtime and at this we decide on 2 'key' children each, to do focused assessments with. This is written on the PLODs sheet and I record it on a planning sheet for the following week.

It will be interesting to hear what others do.

we do have a 'planning' sheet for the daily adult led activity (which is linked to childrens interests) On it we write the learning objectives and then the differentiation in the activity for younger and older children. We try to write this up before we start the activity so we are clear what we are trying to achieve.

There is also space to write mini obs on each child so each keyworker can see a record or skills etc

We plan in the sense we know 'who is doing what' on any given day - but we no longer write these plans up in detail.

Staff are all knowledgeable enough to know what links to what. Students- I do expect them to submit a more detailed plan as they need to learn the links etc.

We had Ofsted recently and she was very keen on Adult led activities. It just depends who you get and what their 'pet' interest is in seeing within the setting. We haven't had the report yet, but I am sure she will write us up for having to have Adult Led activities each day with specific learning intentions as that is what she said we needed to do, even though we had loads of adult activities on the planning - but we didn't have the learning intentions written up! (I thought we were supposed to be doing less paperwork?)

When we had done the planning the week before though, we had taken into account each individual child and their key worker had planned for them, so it was there, just not in black and white the way SHE wanted it.

We had an inspection the year before and she said our planning was spot on.... so I am not really bothered. Next inspection, it will be a different inspector looking for something else. They have to remain employed.

• Like 2

We had Ofsted recently and she was very keen on Adult led activities. It just depends who you get and what their 'pet' interest is in seeing within the setting. We haven't had the report yet, but I am sure she will write us up for having to have Adult Led activities each day with specific learning intentions as that is what she said we needed to do, even though we had loads of adult activities on the planning - but we didn't have the learning intentions written up! (I thought we were supposed to be doing less paperwork?)

When we had done the planning the week before though, we had taken into account each individual child and their key worker had planned for them, so it was there, just not in black and white the way SHE wanted it.

We had an inspection the year before and she said our planning was spot on.... so I am not really bothered. Next inspection, it will be a different inspector looking for something else. They have to remain employed.

Well said!

You sound a bit like us :1b That's exactly how we work.

I don't. I have a box on my weekly sheet where I write what the adult focus for the day is (it is often not an adult led activity but a focus for the adults supporting children in CI for example focusing on counting so bringing this into the CI play by playing with them rather than saying blue group come and do counting with me) I note on the plan which childrens next steps it focus' on.

Mel

x

• Like 2

Hi,

I do have objectives for my adult-led planning for each AOL each week, these are based on the needs of the class and then differentiated appropriately. Our children do their adult-led activities in key groups so all join in and actually ask for this time (I don't like calling children away from CI play). We also, like Melcatfish, sometimes have focus skills that we want to bring into the children's play that will run through the week. Any enhancement that is linked to the weekly planned activity is then written under the adult-led activity to show that it links to the same objective and any extra enhancements or activities that have been set up for individuals will be written on a simple table that reads Area of provision, Purpose/AOL, Resources/Activity, Child/ren - of course the children will choose how to use many of the resources so other learning will occur but that is the case with most things!

Green Hippo x

• Like 1

I used to write detailed plans with differentiation on them but stopped when the guidance said we didn't need as much paperwork

BUT according to some training I was on last night apparently it us now a 'hottie' with Ofsted

Drives me mad - guidance which doesn't mean anything :-(

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)