Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rules and regulations about Committee members

Lumpybumpy

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've written on here but I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.

We are a committee run setting who are also struggling for members. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows the legal requirement for a committee... I have researched but am struggling to find anything conclusive. I know you need a Chair, Treasurer and Secretary but is there a regulation to adhere to regarding who they are? (eg. parents, community etc). We are just trying to unpick what we need to meet requirements rather than 'best practice'. Any advice welcome...

Thanks x

This information should be included in your constitution... it varies depending on what is in there..

Ours was minimum of 5 members, maximum of 11.. 2/3 of them had to be parents rest could be local community or friends etc.. some allow staff members to be on committee... but not in the officers roles and not involved in anything to do with wages etc..

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)