Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half Term

:D:D:D

Happy happy half term for those of you who get a week off! Hooray!!!

Enjoy! xD:o:D

Sorry for those who don't get HT - our thoughts are with you!! :(

Because of the 6 term year, we get 2 weeks! Some schools finished on Weds and don't return till Nov 7th! I think that's gojng to be very unsettling for those who've just started Reception - it's bad neough for our preschoolers who aren't here all day.

On the other hand, I've got long enough off to go to Spain for a week---- I'm off on Wednesday, have a good half term everyone!

I'm working all week, but hey! Who cares!

Going to see a fantastic production of 'Tristan and Yseult' by the Kneehigh Theatre company at the Nottingham Playhouse this evening, Rock City tomorrow evening to see some of my great favourites, the Dogs D'Amour - haven't toured for YEARS - and next weekend I'm off to see Ridiculousmous (a two-man theatre company) perform 'The Imprtance of Being Earnest'. I might even get to see a new favourite band next Thursday, Teenage Casket Company - local but really good, only been together for just over a year. If there's any justice in this world, they should make it big.

I can't wait!!!

Sue :D:D

Half Term WOOHOO,

but how many of us can really leave pre school behind for a whole week.

Very interested to find out how the 6 term school year is working.

Net x

Guest MaryEMac

Hope everyone has a good week off, I'm exchanging pre-school children for grandchildren. One is 5 and the other is 7months. Oh and then there is the planning to do, help get the playgroup sorted so that the carpet can be cleaned, put everything back afterwards and my sister in law has asked me to have her children for the day as she has to go to a funeral(they are 11 and 9), the freezer needs defrosting, the list goes on and on and on............ I can't see much time for relaxing somehow :oxD

Mary

Half term starts today and I feel awful - managed to struggle on last week with sore throat, chesty cough etc. Went to sleep at 9:30pm and kept waking up all last night with coughing fits and feel exhausted now :o

Also in bad mood because I was hoping to be flying off to North Cyprus this week but could not get confirmed on a flight AND I'm spending one day next week at Training Day (as only teacher on the staff team, I am only person who gets all school holidays and training was booked during summer before my manager knew term dates).

Going back to bed now.

(sniff, sniff, cough, cough, splutter)

Half term - great :D So here I am, catching up on the last week's messages ... and then I'll start planning, up-dating profiles, filing away last half terms planning, resources etc. :o

At least I can make a cuppa whenever I want.

Hope all those you are on half term manage to find some quality time for themselves and families. SOrry for those who have to work through.

Harricroft

Half term nearly over - haven't read the BTT3 book I was planning to read or watched the Inclusion video I borrowed from work. Finally feeling better, just in time to go back to work. (Thanks for the concern Peggy - couldn't shift the cold, bad chest and cough for over two weeks)

Am going out for friend's 30th tonight, so looking forward to that. Restocked my bathroom cabinet with multi-vitamins and echinacea (is that how you spell it?) to get me through next seven weeks.

Hope everyone had a relaxing break

Take care