Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'Talking about things they have observed'

Hi,

I have a little girl in my class who LOVES the home-corner and anything to do with domestic play/babies etc. We have changed our café into a baby clinic this week which has been a great hit and lots of great play going on. This particular little girl's target is 'to begin to talk about things that she has observed' and I am raking my brains to find something that might interest her that will get her talking as she can be very vocal with her peers around the role-play area but can be less confident around adults or if she is unsure about things. Any ideas? She also like Princesses.

I need some FSF magic!

Love Green Hippo x

Can be a tricky little number - I tend to make better notes on this when the children are outside - bug rummaging, bird watching, spring bulbs, autumn leaves etc. I don't get on so well with the items you mention baby clinic/princesses - unless you could get, say, three things for her to observe which are similar but different - so 3 different types of tiara, or ask a mum in with a new born/young baby for the little girl to talk to, ask questions of.

I'm about to take photos of my new toy in various places around the setting. Could you do something similar with a favourite doll? The doll sends a letter saying its playing hide and seek and all you've got are photographic clues. Ask her to describe the photo so you can find the doll. :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)