Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Large Egg/sandtimer - Where Can I Get One?

Hi

Can anybody tell me where I can purchase a large egg/sandtimer? Went on a Knowledge and Understanding course recently where they had a large chunky child friendly one which would be great for a sense of time, taking turns and playing games etc (and the children could play with it too - only kidding!)

Look forward to hearing from anyone who has one or knows where I can get one. Many thanks in advance.

Deb :o

Hi Deb

I had a quick look in some of our catalouges (excuse my spelling) and although galt etc do have them, they are very pricey.

Have a look in Hawkins Bizarre if theres one near you as I seem to think I saw a large novelty one in there a while back but I'm not certain.

I did a quick froogle search too - it didn't show much

This site had a large egg timer but there was no picture available, not sure if thats of any use to you as I'm not sure what it's like.

http://www.chulmleigh-hardware.co.uk/Recor...?PR_REF=7212477

Sorry, not much more help if I come across anything I'll let you know - happy hunting

Nic x

Can't remember exactly which catalogues have them, but I've been thinking about getting some to regulate the use of our bikes, and I'm fairly sure I've seen them in either: Consortium, Hope, or NES Arnold. They're expensive mind - I want one each for 4 bikes - all 5 min timers and the only reason I haven't bitten the bullet yet is because they cost so much.

Hi Deb,

We have a 5min giant egg timer from a company called Nexus. Don't have details on me, but they don't have a catalogue, only a rep who comes round.

Thay do have some very interesting resources.

Net x

Guest tinkerbell

ypo (YORKSHIRE PURCHASING) do 1min 3min and 5 min big chunky ones.Sorry dont know the cost but my reception children love them.

Tinkerbell

HI we get ours from Nexus... as you say they are great for turn taking etc. I use my 3 minute one on the interactive whiteboard. The children sit on spot markers (our bus stop) and they move up a space after each turn :)

we've also got little ones (bought from the pound shop) for turns at the pc and for table top games

I tried to buy some of these a few months ago but they wouldnt deliver to a home address and to go to the playgroup would have meant the vicarage which would have meant getting them sometime never. The ones I FOUND WERE QUITE CHEAP TOO BUT i CANT REMEMBER THE SITE. There is another name other than 'egg timer' to type I think? :D

Just look at that typing!!!! :o

We also have the 1, 3 and 5 minute ones - from ESPO (equivalent to the Yorkshire one I guess as ours is Eastern Shires Purchasing I believe!)

Guest doohanok5

I've received a catalogue today in with Nursery World from "Reflections on Learning" (www.reflectionsonlearning.co.uk - tel: 01732 225850) they do 7 different coloured TickiT sand timers from 30 seconds to 30 minutes which cost from £9.95 to £12.95, these are 160x70mm. They also do some twice this size, their Mega Timers are £29.95 and come in 1, 3 and 5 mins. Prices exclude VAT. Although they have a website, I couldn't see the timers on it.

Many thanks for all your help. Have found pack of 3 (30 sec, 1 min & 5 min) fromt he Consortium online for £32 approx. Will take back all your suggestions to use in pre-school, especially tidy up time! Thanks again.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)