Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Panels for a shelter

Since we have changed classrooms, we now find ourselves with an outdoor shelter on the front of our building. I know for a fact that it costs a huge amount of money and don't get me wrong, in the summer it is a godsend, as it does provide shade. BUT because it has no sides the wind and rain whistle through it. (Always seems to be wet and windy in Cornwall at the moment) It means that we are unable to keep resources out there as everything gets soaked, including the children!!

We are looking to put some kind of sides on it, but they would have to take a battering from the gale force winds we get and would have to be able to be rolled up in the summer to prevent it turning into a greenhouse. Just wondered if any of you have had this problem or if anyone has any bright ideas. :1b

Hi can definitely help you all with this, as have at my nursery just what you need,zipped -in sides that roll up when needed and keep all the rain and elements.....we found a local company in St.Ives in Cambridgeshire... that do top quality 'sides'......with windows whatever size you like....zip connectors and straps etc so you can roll up ...cannot recommend them highly enough....have to do my funding today but will find the name of the company and let you all know....best bit they do not cost the earth....and just last week we had a 4 year old boy writing his name in the condensation created on the large 'windows ' .....excellent...xx

Edited by tish501

Found it....

S.Robb & Son,< www.srobb.co.uk >

Tel 01480 462150

Mob 07971 622128

They are virtually made to measure,and in different colours...very strong not tatty thin tarpaulin....good luck hope you find them helpful xx

brill - thanks very much ! xx

Guest babyjane31

That sounds great tish, I don't suppose you could upload a photo. We are in Cambridgeshire to so would be good to support a local business

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)