Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

level 4 qualifications.....

twinthinguk

I have been nvq level 3 for years now...and would like to do some more study. I am not academic and would like to attempt a level 4 qualification.....I know most people go on to do the degree but I feel at this time that its out of my league. Can any one recommend a course? I have used distance learning before and the usual nvq format....I just tried the cache website but found only level 4 for playwork. I work in a preschool setting and currently and EYFS co ordinator and seem to be gaining some of the senco role too.....and have been at my setting for 6 years.

Thank you in advance x

I have been a good old BTEC level three for the last twenty two years. Like you I am not academic, and I know that I could not cope with anything higher, my family and managing my setting. I may be interested in something at a level four. Lovemyjob could you give me some more information about the course you are doing please.

• Like 1

The Level 4 Award in Work with Parents and the Level 4 Award in Work with Parents (Intense support for families with multiple and complex needs) are both part time courses over four months and eight months respectively.

Who is the course for?

Candidates at Level 4 may be supervisors, managers and lead development officers - that have responsibility for Work with Parents in a variety organisations and settings. The Level 4 qualification will acknowledge the work of supervisors, managers and lead development officers – whose role it is to work with parents across sectors on an area basis or with responsibility for several groups or locations. The Level 4 qualification can be used to provide excellent CPD (continuous professional development) for aspiring learners that have previously completed their Level 3 qualification or it can be an acknowledgement of prior experience and qualifications of workers in a supervisory, managerial or lead development role.

The new Level 4 Award in Work with Parents (Intense support for families with multiple and complex needs) is particularly relevant for key workers providing sustained, intensive, whole family support, using a key worker approach coordinating multi-agency input. A key worker may for example be working in family intervention services.

What do I need to join the course?

There are no formal qualifications required, though it is a necessity that you have experience and are working with parents at the appropriate level. However, it is likely that learners will have other Level 3 or relevant qualifications e.g. counselling skills, though this is not essential.

What does the course involve?

The course involves:

· employment, for a minimum of 16 hours per week, with CPD structure in place

· assessor visits in the workplace every 3 – 4 weeks

· attendance at organised workshops

· dedicated self study time for the completion of a portfolio of evidence against a required number of units, to gain the appropriate credit value for the level of qualification undertaken

All LMC students receive tutorial support.

How will I be assessed?

This course is continuously assessed in the workplace using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment and witness testimony.

What qualification will I get?

On the successful completion of a portfolio of evidence and required number of credits for your chosen programme, you will receive a nationally recognised vocational qualification for Working with Parents.

What can the course lead onto?

Successful students will be able to progress to the Level 3 or 4 NVQ in Health and Social Care - Children and Young People pathway or the Level 4 Higher Level Study Skills.

How much home study will I be required to do?

You will be expected to undertake home study on this course as well as attending workshop related activities to generate the evidence required.

What expenses are related to this course?

The Level 4 Award in Work with Parents will cost £225.00 and the Level 4 Award in Work with Parents (Intense support for families with multiple and complex needs) will cost £656.00. All costs include assessor time, registration, certification, workbooks, resources and internal verification.

The units for Level 4 can also be delivered as single units.

What alternative courses can I study?

LMC offers a range of courses. You may be interested in:

· Level 3 Work With Parents

· Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 3 Diploma

Edited by lovemyjob

The Level 4 Award in Work with Parents and the Level 4 Award in Work with Parents (Intense support for families with multiple and complex needs) are both part time courses over four months and eight months respectively.

Who is the course for?

Candidates at Level 4 may be supervisors, managers and lead development officers - that have responsibility for Work with Parents in a variety organisations and settings. The Level 4 qualification will acknowledge the work of supervisors, managers and lead development officers – whose role it is to work with parents across sectors on an area basis or with responsibility for several groups or locations. The Level 4 qualification can be used to provide excellent CPD (continuous professional development) for aspiring learners that have previously completed their Level 3 qualification or it can be an acknowledgement of prior experience and qualifications of workers in a supervisory, managerial or lead development role.

The new Level 4 Award in Work with Parents (Intense support for families with multiple and complex needs) is particularly relevant for key workers providing sustained, intensive, whole family support, using a key worker approach coordinating multi-agency input. A key worker may for example be working in family intervention services.

What do I need to join the course?

There are no formal qualifications required, though it is a necessity that you have experience and are working with parents at the appropriate level. However, it is likely that learners will have other Level 3 or relevant qualifications e.g. counselling skills, though this is not essential.

What does the course involve?

The course involves:

· employment, for a minimum of 16 hours per week, with CPD structure in place

· assessor visits in the workplace every 3 – 4 weeks

· attendance at organised workshops

· dedicated self study time for the completion of a portfolio of evidence against a required number of units, to gain the appropriate credit value for the level of qualification undertaken

All LMC students receive tutorial support.

How will I be assessed?

This course is continuously assessed in the workplace using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment and witness testimony.

What qualification will I get?

On the successful completion of a portfolio of evidence and required number of credits for your chosen programme, you will receive a nationally recognised vocational qualification for Working with Parents.

What can the course lead onto?

Successful students will be able to progress to the Level 3 or 4 NVQ in Health and Social Care - Children and Young People pathway or the Level 4 Higher Level Study Skills.

How much home study will I be required to do?

You will be expected to undertake home study on this course as well as attending workshop related activities to generate the evidence required.

What expenses are related to this course?

The Level 4 Award in Work with Parents will cost £225.00 and the Level 4 Award in Work with Parents (Intense support for families with multiple and complex needs) will cost £656.00. All costs include assessor time, registration, certification, workbooks, resources and internal verification.

The units for Level 4 can also be delivered as single units.

What alternative courses can I study?

LMC offers a range of courses. You may be interested in:

· Level 3 Work With Parents

· Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 3 Diploma

thanks thats great....which provider or area is this available in? i have tried city and guilds, cache and my local colleges

with no luck :(

well after talking to a work mate, I am going to register for OU to do the stand alone E100 course which is the first year of the degree ( level 4) I am excited, registration is from april 24th and gather that once i register I can apply for a student loan....its all new to me...this being a student lark! lol.....mature student that is!

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)