Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Obsevation By Head

Good Evening

my head is going to do an observation on the unit (nursery/Recp and Y1). He cannot use the same format as he does with the rest of the school ie looking at targets, LOs etc as the unit works differently. He has asked me to help come up with some ideas for the observation. I know some of the things I want him to look at but am struggling to make it seem 'meaningful'. Any ideas? :o

I would look at the learning environment and how it is supporting childrens progress towards elgs across 6 areas incluidng use of outside to be a 1/2 of the whole, balance and quality of adult/child initiated activity, and maybe look at some childrens progress records, however you keep them, to look at challenge and target setting from that point of view. You can also look at how adults "share" the learning intentions in the way the activity is set up, supported and the progress children make through it. Same as in the rest of th school, just doing it a bit differently!!!

Cxx

Hi Gillie, I would agree with catma, we alwasy manage to be observed for the same focus as the rest of the school but with some variations. If this is really impossible, what else is your school focussing on in terms of its SIP? We have a big issue with speaking and listening, so our obevrtaions in the past week have all been around that.

do let us know how it goes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)